My first NFBC Cutline League

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

My first NFBC Cutline League

#1 Post by Todd Zola »

I helped design the rules and scoring - figured may as well play.

This is a points based, best ball format with 10 teams. The points are a little different

For Hitters
Home Run: 6 points
Stolen Base: 5 points
Hit: 4 points
Run: 2 points
RBI: 2 points
At-bat: -1 point

For Pitchers
Win: 6 points
Save: 6 points
Inning Pitched: 3 points
Strikeout: 1 point
Hit or Walk Allowed: -1 point
Earned Run Allowed: -2 points

The plan was to focus on reliable and productive bats early including catchers with tons of AB, mixing in good pitchers on good teams (wins and K's important). I planned on fading 2B/SS and possibly 3B (which came to fruition). If Ortiz slipped I'd wait for a big discount and grab him -- them look for lots of multiple eligibility elsewhere. I wanted a mostly solid OF but at least one spot to dedicate to the spaghetti method (throw a bunch of guys against the wall and see what sticks). I want to shun closers and get a ton of starters, hoping to get lucky with wins and possible 2-start weeks. Initial roster is 36 spots, then we expand first to 41, then to 46. Those are the only two FAAB periods (first one week into the season, the next in June).

We're all working blind so I have no clue if this is any good, but I did exactly what I wanted to do.

Had the first pick and went Goldie.

C Posey, Lucroy (CPerez)
1B Goldie, AGonz
3B Murphy (2B), Lawrie (2B), Prado
2B Phillips (also Murphy and Lawrie)
SS Kang (3B), Villar, Crawford
OF Cespedes, Kemp, Hanley (1B?), Pillar, Gordon (Kiermaier, Reddick, Werth)
UT Papi

P Arrieta, Price, Lester, Richards, Samardzija, Quintana, Lackey, Heaney, Erasmo (Eovaldi, Conley, Finnegan, Anibal Sanchez, Joe Kelly, Rubby De La Rosa).
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord