Corey Dickerson

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
UK BlueCat
Major League Veteran

Corey Dickerson

#1 Post by UK BlueCat »

Just wondering how much of a hit Dickerson will sustain when the updated projections come out? He's still on the board in my latest draft in round 7 and I need some power from my OF but am afraid the Trop may suppress him quite a bit.
Todd Easterling
UK BlueCats

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Corey Dickerson

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

UK BlueCat wrote:Just wondering how much of a hit Dickerson will sustain when the updated projections come out? He's still on the board in my latest draft in round 7 and I need some power from my OF but am afraid the Trop may suppress him quite a bit.
Completely forgot to move him for the last update.

I use composite park factors. In brief, the conventional way to apply park factors is to cut the affect in half and apply it since a half the games are at home.

What I do is a weighted average of the player's schedule. So there are 81 units of the player's home venue and 81 away. If a player has 9 road games against a division foe, 9 units are that park etc.

Believe it or not, the LBH composite HR index for Tampa is better than the one for Colorado. That explains this:

COL: .304-25-81-7-78
TAM: .286-26-78-6-75
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

UK BlueCat
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by UK BlueCat »

Interesting, thanks for that info! So it's safe to say you wouldn't have any qualms taking him in round 7/8 over other outfielders like Pence, Peralta, Calhoun etc?
Todd Easterling
UK BlueCats

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

UK BlueCat wrote:Interesting, thanks for that info! So it's safe to say you wouldn't have any qualms taking him in round 7/8 over other outfielders like Pence, Peralta, Calhoun etc?
That's the tier -- I'd take those three over Dickerson but it's preference and not numbers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

UK BlueCat wrote:Interesting, thanks for that info! So it's safe to say you wouldn't have any qualms taking him in round 7/8 over other outfielders like Pence, Peralta, Calhoun etc?
First don't forget that while Tampa the park is not a problem, Tampa the team most likely to platoon is - while they should play Dickerson every day and see whether he can hit LHP they have a lot of extra OF/DH hitters and may well sit him against LHSP - tough ones for sure but conceivably all LH. That would change how you order those four IMO.

If you are just looking at HR then maybe it is Dickerson over Calhoun, but I look at total contributions in which case I would likely draft Pence and Peralta before Dickerson (although in a recent 15 team draft I did take Dickerson at 7.04 - Pence was gone but Peralta (and Calhoun) were both still available - this was before the trade. Both Peralta and Calhoun went in round 8 before it was my turn

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#6 Post by CubFan »

Todd Zola wrote:.....

I use composite park factors. In brief, the conventional way to apply park factors is to cut the affect in half and apply it since a half the games are at home.

What I do is a weighted average of the player's schedule. So there are 81 units of the player's home venue and 81 away. If a player has 9 road games against a division foe, 9 units are that park etc.

Believe it or not, the LBH composite HR index for Tampa is better than the one for Colorado. That explains this:

COL: .304-25-81-7-78
TAM: .286-26-78-6-75
Interesting BA. I was figuring on a bigger hit, especially since his AWAY split has been below league average. Todd, do you "penalize" players moving from the NL to AL? If so, how much? If not, why not? I don't have any figures to support my observations but more often than not there is a significant adjustment period they all go through.

Also, don't forget Dickerson has had injury problems in the past. Couple that with the above and Perry's note about TB likes to platoon and I'm going to need a discount before I get in on the bidding.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Pitchers get dinged a bit but not hitters - there's no real evidence there's a project-able difference.

I haven't actually done the update for Dickerson yet - the above numbers assumed the same at bats. I suspect we're looking at more like .285-23-68-5-66 which bakes in some playing time upside.