Erasmo Ramirez

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
RandyKutcherHair

Erasmo Ramirez

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Is Erasmo Ramirez worth a gamble in AL only leagues? He is pitching against the Blue Jays tonight.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Re: Erasmo Ramirez

#2 Post by CubFan »

Aren't there any better options than him? Big roll of the dice. IMO not a good matchup. Better suited for a team line the twins or Astros. I've had him a couple different times and found him very frustrating to own. For several years he's had the tag of a sleeper. Well, he slept while I owned him.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

RandyKutcherHair

#3 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

This is a very deep AL only league and I would say the other options to consider are Hector Noesi and Brad Peacock.

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

Having to watch a lot of Jays games, nationally broadcast up here, I'd avoid him. The Jays are due for a silly explosion of homeruns, Erasmo might be the tonic that stirs that drink.

RandyKutcherHair

#5 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

The guy scares the crap out of me; but intrigues me at the same time. I am in a position to grab him now and if he goes out and throws a good game I won't be able to get him next week. Probably not worth the gamble as he is so up and down.

You guys like Peacock over Noesi or should I take a shot at Mark Canha? This is for a flex spot.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#6 Post by CubFan »

Randy, if those are your only pitching options grab the bat. Canha has legit pop and has garnered more playing time as he has been hitting and hitting high in the order. His average will come back down but the power will stick.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

RandyKutcherHair

#7 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Thankfully I listened to you guys as Ramirez does not look good tonight; some bad luck and some bad pitches so far. I missed out on Canha and ended up with Carlos Peguero. Hope some of his power finally translates to the bigs.

Trav The Ump

#8 Post by Trav The Ump »

Oh goodness, I was just coming back to check to make sure you hadn't picked him up. Lol. It wasn't homers but the Jays were due for a big output. That lineup is too strong not too do that every once in a while.

Go with Canha, great piece about high Beane is on him from Buster Olney's notes yesterday. Sorry I don't remember the exact link but that's where I sourced it.