Hector Olivera

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
RandyKutcherHair

Hector Olivera

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Anyone heard anything in regards to the Dodgers plans with Hector Olivera? I haven't seen anything since the deal was reported. Wasn't sure if this was strictly a play for 2016 or if there is a good chance he could get serious playing time in LA this year.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Hector Olivera

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

There's a chance he needs TJS -- until that's decided then it's up in the air
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: Hector Olivera

#3 Post by Black Sox »

I've followed him pretty closely and he used to be a target of mine. As long as he's healthy he'll be promoted at some point this season, but instead of 4/5 months of stats its looking like 2/3 months unless an injury opens up a spot sooner. The fact that his path to playing time is blocked by H.Kendrick at 2B and J.Uribe & A Guerrero at 3B makes him less appealing this year. I do think he's their starting 2B in 2016.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc