Am I missing something ...or maybe not?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Am I missing something ...or maybe not?

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

This may be a case of cart before the horse, but I find this intriguing;

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/baseb ... ut-mookie-

Now if there have been some internal discussions on extending Mookie from within the organization (as this reports states), tells me Mookie has made the club ... and that Shane Victorino maybe should pack his bags, no?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Re: Am I missing something ...or maybe not?

#2 Post by CubFan »

I guess it comes down to if Castillo has enough time to be ready for the beginning of the season. I'm not sold yet. But I've been wondering if Boston has been shopping Victorino and Farrell saying he is their starter is nothing more than lip service. I figure they'll eventually move Victorino....SF?.....and give the OF spot to Castillo. They didn't sign Castillo to that big contact to have him play AAA. And signing Betts now would be a good move, but ultimately depends on how big of a contract he'd fetch.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

It never was Victorino vs Betts. They absolutely adore Betts. It's Victorino versus Castillo with the expectation that Victorino gets hurt sooner than later. I think both are going to be very, very good.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

CubFan wrote:They didn't sign Castillo to that big contact to have him play AAA.
I understand that thought ...and I used to believe that too ... until last year with the Dodgers and Guerrero. So much so they wound up playing a guy they didn't really want and managed to max out his trade value to boot. And Guerrero STILL doesn't have a job ... just a contractual guarantee.

And thanks for the perspective, Todd ... So I WAS missing something ... just not the right something.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams