Boston Bullpen

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
UK BlueCat
Major League Veteran

Boston Bullpen

#1 Post by UK BlueCat »

Im currently in round 33 of a NFBC Draft Champions league and have Uehara as one of my closers. I want to lock up the next couple in line for saves but with the Ogando signing and the talk of possibly trading Mujica I'm not really sure which ones to get. Any ideas or thoughts on who to take. Mujica? Tazawa? Ogando?
Todd Easterling
UK BlueCats

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Boston Bullpen

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

This is maybe more my style than anything else but I don't like using a DC roster spot on a set-up man that I wouldn't use if he weren't closing -- and Mujica doesn't get enough K's for me to use without saves.

It really is a crapshoot -- your guess is as good as anyone's. I may even look for a guy closer to saves on another team instead of forcing a handcuff on Uehara.

Tazawa has the ability but was given a chance pre-Uehara and didn't fare so well. That shouldn't matter but it might.

Workman is a possibilty.

Heath Hembree is a dark-horse.

My personal order would be Tazawa, Workman and then REALLY REALLY late, if there's no one else, Hembree.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord