Rent, don't buy - NL

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Rent, don't buy - NL

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Who are your faves to be looking over their shoulders when the season begins in the National League (the short leash theory)? I'm looking at these;
  • Darwin Barney - Baez is gonna play somewhere and soon. Roberts can hold down the fort as well as you can waiting for Theo to make the call as to where he plays
  • Drew Stubbs - Honeymoon's over - lot of guys in that organization who can do just as bad as you can.
  • Dee Gordon - $26 mil doesn't sit in the minors very long - especially if you still don't hit. Pittsburgh may come callin' again.
  • Peter Bourjos - beware - your statistical clone awaits on the bench and they have a good idea on what HE can do.
  • Jose Tabata - can't afford to have the Bucs second guess themselves for not getting a LF last year - time for consistency or maybe this year, they'll actually go through with it.
  • Dom Brown - Ok - so who are you - pre ASB or post ASB? They'd like to find some ABs for Darin Ruf somewhere.
  • Ike Davis/Ruben Tejada - need I say more?
  • Rickie Weeks - you may not even have a starting job anymore and with only a club option for next year, stock up on change of address cards by July.

Any others anyone would like to venture an opinion on?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Rent, don't buy - NL

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Dan Uggla - left off the playoff roster for Elliot Johnson and Tommy La Stella looms

Cody Asche/Ryan Howard - Maikel Franco could bash his way into the lineup
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

deansdaddy

#3 Post by deansdaddy »

Didi Gregorious - Chris OWings is a PVH sleeper pick this year.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

I would take Dee Gordon off that list - he is very close to winning the starting 2B job for the Dodgers or at least being a backup 2b/ss/of guy who could steal 30 bags

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Captain Hook wrote:I would take Dee Gordon off that list - he is very close to winning the starting 2B job for the Dodgers or at least being a backup 2b/ss/of guy who could steal 30 bags
No ...have to leave him on ....even if he does get the starting 2b job - for how long does he keep it? Like I said, $26 mil in the minors doesn't sit very long and Gordon IS playing out of position.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Do NOT get fooled! Chone Figgins did NOT suddenly discover the Fountain of Youth. I think he meets a major league minimum and he gets a free trip down under. Be curious to see how long he sticks once they get back home.