Verlander

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
AllstonRockCity

Verlander

#1 Post by AllstonRockCity »

I am almost positive that I read on here that Perry felt that there was no way Justin would be ready to start the season due to his core muscle injury.

All the news on him has been positive and he appears to be right on track to be ready come April 1st. He might only miss one ST start.

Are you still holding firm on this prognostication? Are these stories noise as opposed to news and you guys have some inside info? Will he see an innings bump?

Captain Hook

Re: Verlander

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Todd has him projected for 224 innings

How much higher could it be????

Only Wainwright and Kershaw are projected to throw more innings

If I gave a different opinion it was based on whatever the current news/opinions were out of the Tigers staff or writers at that time (since we didn't get full information about the surgery as you may remember

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

I wouldn't count on an innings bump but speaking of bumps, if you haven't seen the video of Kate Upton in zero gravity yet, well...you should
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#4 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Captain Hook wrote:In addition to the fact that he is injured and not clearly going to be ready for Opening Day
That was posted by you about Verlander on 1-30-2014 in this thread:
http://forum.mastersball.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=5500

The 1-27-14 CVRC had him at 224IP.

I was just wondering. I don't "want" any bump at all. What I did want was to know if there was going to be any tweaking at all as the news is now more positive.

Todd, I will check that out. Gracias

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Verlander has been 224 since Dec 1 -- if anything he'll go down
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord