Moustakas.....should he/will he be sent down ala Ike Davis?

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Moustakas.....should he/will he be sent down ala Ike Davis?

#1 Post by CubFan »

Owner just dropped him in our 12 team AL only 5x5 keeper league. Went for $23 in our auction. He has been a disaster so far this year. Up until this year his MO had been to struggle upon initially moving up to the next level. Thinking was he got that out of his system last year. I'm not a hitting coach so haven't done a swing analysis but he does look lost up at the plate. Lots of popups.

Bottom line....is he worth a bid? If so, how much (we get $100 FAAB)? I'd drop Yan Gomes for him.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook

Re: Moustakas.....should he/will he be sent down ala Ike Davis?

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

CubFan wrote:Owner just dropped him in our 12 team AL only 5x5 keeper league. Went for $23 in our auction. He has been a disaster so far this year. Up until this year his MO had been to struggle upon initially moving up to the next level. Thinking was he got that out of his system last year. I'm not a hitting coach so haven't done a swing analysis but he does look lost up at the plate. Lots of popups.

Bottom line....is he worth a bid? If so, how much (we get $100 FAAB)? I'd drop Yan Gomes for him.
What is Gomes salary?
What would Moustakas salary for next year be?
Would Moose have to be active?

Okay past all the relevant team/league considerations - there is nothing similar between Moustakas & Davis
AND because Brett worked with Moustakas in spring training and can now work with him on a daily basis I doubt he is sent down in the short term - good for him not so sure it is good for his fantasy owners if they have to keep active (which I would not do)

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

Captain Hook wrote:
CubFan wrote:Owner just dropped him in our 12 team AL only 5x5 keeper league. Went for $23 in our auction. He has been a disaster so far this year. Up until this year his MO had been to struggle upon initially moving up to the next level. Thinking was he got that out of his system last year. I'm not a hitting coach so haven't done a swing analysis but he does look lost up at the plate. Lots of popups.

What is Gomes salary?
What would Moustakas salary for next year be?
Would Moose have to be active?

Okay past all the relevant team/league considerations - there is nothing similar between Moustakas & Davis
AND because Brett worked with Moustakas in spring training and can now work with him on a daily basis I doubt he is sent down in the short term - good for him not so sure it is good for his fantasy owners if they have to keep active (which I would not do)
Gomes - $2
Moose's salary - highest FAAB bid (I'm thinking high single digits, maybe lower teens)
Moose - must be active unless sent to the minors or DL
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Given that I would keep Gomes (great insurance for A.J.) at least until Moose starts to hit enough to be an upgrade.
BUT is Gomes continues to get more games behind the plate allowing Carlos Santana to play 1B and DH, he might be a great keeper as a $2 catcher