Austin Romine - NYY C (What do I need to know?)

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Trav The Ump

Austin Romine - NYY C (What do I need to know?)

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

So being 2 catcher twelve team AL only league, catcher gets thin...quick. I missed some early guys and drafted Romine for a buck at the very end figuring I may be able to outhit Cervelli and Chris Stewart. He's now up, looked like he was off to a decent start in AAA.

Decision will come down to him versus Lobaton on Sunday. Lobaton had a nice little week with Molina out in TB but that may be the highlight week of the year.

Input anyone?

(Yes I realize this is crazy deep and applies to very few on the board)

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Austin Romine - NYY C (What do I need to know?)

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Hi, Trav

Romine? 23 year old Mendoza line candidate. What about Chris Snyder?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Trav The Ump wrote:So being 2 catcher twelve team AL only league, catcher gets thin...quick. I missed some early guys and drafted Romine for a buck at the very end figuring I may be able to outhit Cervelli and Chris Stewart. He's now up, looked like he was off to a decent start in AAA.

Decision will come down to him versus Lobaton on Sunday. Lobaton had a nice little week with Molina out in TB but that may be the highlight week of the year.

Input anyone?

(Yes I realize this is crazy deep and applies to very few on the board)
Very Good defensive catcher
While he has averaged .278 in his minor league play I would expect less in NY
He is a catcher, not a hitter

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

Would cost me $6 real dollars to grab Snyder...worst case I can just keep running Lobaton out there. Looks like he's got SOME pop.