Grossman v. Hamilton

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
bamse31

Grossman v. Hamilton

#1 Post by bamse31 »

Is it a good idea to drop Billy Hamilton from my reserves in a redraft league to pickup Robbie Grossman?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Grossman v. Hamilton

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

If you could use some help now, I would do it but then I am a bird in the hand sort of player. With his hype, I would think you could get something in a trade for Hamilton if that's a possibility.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

bamse31 wrote:Is it a good idea to drop Billy Hamilton from my reserves in a redraft league to pickup Robbie Grossman?
WHY? Grossman is in the minor leagues too - neither will help you at this point (and nobody knows who the next minor leaguer to be called up will be). But if both were up or if Grossman were up now and Hamilton was up a month from now (hypothetical question) who would you rather have? Yes Hamilton

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Grossman was called up to replace Justin Maxwell and could be getting some time especially since JD Martinez is also out.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

bamse31 wrote:Is it a good idea to drop Billy Hamilton from my reserves in a redraft league to pickup Robbie Grossman?
Sorry when I posted my earlier response I had not seen that Grossman was called up to replace Justin Maxwell.

BUT which of your current OF would Grossman replace? That is really the question and unless you have Maxwell or someone on the DL it should be a big upgrade to drop Hamilton

bamse31

#6 Post by bamse31 »

I may use him instead of Chris Young.