And with the #2 pick in the NFBC Main Event, Todd picks....

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
diedrich
High-A

Re: And with the #2 pick in the NFBC Main Event, Todd picks....

#11 Post by diedrich »

well since i have the first pick in the main in a bazillion tries- would braun be you pick at #1. for me it is between braun and miggy. players that steal have a higher floor and they are both amazingly consistent. i assume you have info that miggy will be take but wouild you take him over braun.
headhunter

Captain Hook

#12 Post by Captain Hook »

diedrich wrote:well since i have the first pick in the main in a bazillion tries- would braun be you pick at #1. for me it is between braun and miggy. players that steal have a higher floor and they are both amazingly consistent. i assume you have info that miggy will be take but wouild you take him over braun.
Depends on whether you personally have any qualms about Braun facing a suspension related to the Miami thing

He is a clear first choice absent that for his overall contributions but many will not want to run the risk of losing him for 50 ... or 100 games

diedrich
High-A

#13 Post by diedrich »

captain hook- my bad. i should have noted the question was for Todd. he said "assume miggy is gone". JUPINKA has the 1st pick. Does that mean todd knows jupinka is taking miggy? if he is; what is good enough for JUPINKA is good enough for me. Or does it mean Todd will not take miggy if he is there at #2 and would go trout or braun. That second bit of logic in a way doesn't apply to the question because it is moot if jupinka takes one of them so i took it to mean JUPINKA is taking miggy. ONE other point- your website projections( done by Todd i believe) show $41 fot braun and $39 for miggy. todd has written many artuicles saying $2 diff"s aren't much to worry about. Yet you say the choice is clear. Do you disagree with todd or am I missing something. mike
headhunter

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#14 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll write up my AL/NL/Classic teams up this week but to answer the question, I took Braun #2.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord