Big pop for Big Tex

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Captain Hook

Re: Big pop for Big Tex

#11 Post by Captain Hook »

deansdaddy wrote:Time for the Indians to offer them Jason Giambi for a box of baseballs :lol:

Seriously though - Youkilis to 1B and Nunez to 3B seems the best solution - With Rivera covering LF til Granderson comes back.
The only thing wrong with this scenario is that Nunez is a butcher in the field

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Todd Zola »

Captain Hook wrote:
deansdaddy wrote:Time for the Indians to offer them Jason Giambi for a box of baseballs :lol:

Seriously though - Youkilis to 1B and Nunez to 3B seems the best solution - With Rivera covering LF til Granderson comes back.
Not to mention the plan was already to have Nunez spot Jeter at SS versus LHP, allowing the Captain to DH.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

AllstonRockCity

#13 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Todd Zola wrote:
Captain Hook wrote:

Not to mention the plan was already to have Nunez spot Jeter at SS versus LHP, allowing the Captain to DH.

That's why this is the fun part.

Against LHP wouldn't it make the most sense to have Youk 3B, Nunez SS, Jeter DH, Rivera 1B, Diaz LF ??

RHP = Pronk DH, Youk 1B, Jeter SS, Nunez 3B, Rivera LF

I still remember those 2 months in 2005(??) when Dan Johnson was a man on fire and nothing could stop him. My, how times have changed

Nevermind the fact that NY was already dangerously thin in their rotation, now with a lineup that looks like this for April and some of May, it's going to a rough spring in the Bronx. With BOS looking pretty crappy themselves and BAL sure to regress, this division looks like a 2 horse race between TOR and TB.

aburt19
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: AL only 5X5 keeper auction

#14 Post by aburt19 »

It's going to be hard to predict the batting order too. With Granderson and Teixeira both out, that's two from the middle of
the order. For the 3, 4 and 5 spots in the order, Cano is certainly in one of those slots. But for the other two spots, who knows?
Do they hit Youkilis 5th or does Rivera get a shot? Do they drop Jeter to 3rd?

At this point I'm not sure that the Yankees know what they are going to do. It may be that the batting order changes almost
daily based on whether the starter for the other team is right or left handed.

In addition, Gardner and Suzuki will probably have the green light to steal because the Yanks may have to play small ball
for the first 1-2 months of the season. They sure can't depend on the HR as much as they did last year.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#15 Post by Todd Zola »

It wouldn't shock me if they brought Gardner up top and went Gardner, Jeter, Ichiro, Cano and let then run wild at the top.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

pisani@hughes.net

#16 Post by pisani@hughes.net »

getting back to the yankee woes i would suggest avoiding most of their team as i do not have a good feeling about the teams' prospects for the season. look, if i only follow my advice before my drafts then i've accomplished something. the club will be influx for a time and trying to anticipate what GIRARDI and CASHMAN are going to do is like pulling teeth with a crane. the exercise is futile unless we can get a few of these injured guys late in the draft, (on the cheap).

note: youk and nunez are not going to be moved all around the infield especially with JETER being monitored at SS. the plan is for jeter to DH against righties and NUNEZ to stay at short those days. and, if jeter has some soreness what have you he will have nunez to sub-in for him. YOUK's situation is not similar because other then NUNEZ none of the youngsters or dudes in camp have any major league experience at 3b. so, it would be stupid to move them him back over to 1b. matt diaz and dan johnson can handle that platoon with RIVERA staying in left. the yanks might carry the cuban or one of the kids for the other outfield spot (melky mesa) as a 4th outfielder.

i got all this from watching the yankee network and unless there is a change in their plans they'll stick to this course of action.

RandyKutcherHair

#17 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Obviously Tex is tumbling down draft boards. I'm in a 12 team slow mixed draft and it's round 8 now. We have 1 DL spot and a few bench spots. Where are you guys willing to consider taking a flier on him?

1b's still on the board are:
Reynolds, Laroche, Morneau, Hosmer, Ike Davis, Konerko and Morales.

EDIT: Tex just went off the board at 8.8

AllstonRockCity

#18 Post by AllstonRockCity »

pisani@hughes.net wrote:getting back to the yankee woes i would suggest avoiding most of their team as i do not have a good feeling about the teams' prospects for the season. look, if i only follow my advice before my drafts then i've accomplished something. the club will be influx for a time and trying to anticipate what GIRARDI and CASHMAN are going to do is like pulling teeth with a crane. the exercise is futile unless we can get a few of these injured guys late in the draft, (on the cheap).

note: youk and nunez are not going to be moved all around the infield especially with JETER being monitored at SS. the plan is for jeter to DH against righties and NUNEZ to stay at short those days. and, if jeter has some soreness what have you he will have nunez to sub-in for him. YOUK's situation is not similar because other then NUNEZ none of the youngsters or dudes in camp have any major league experience at 3b. so, it would be stupid to move them him back over to 1b. matt diaz and dan johnson can handle that platoon with RIVERA staying in left. the yanks might carry the cuban or one of the kids for the other outfield spot (melky mesa) as a 4th outfielder.

i got all this from watching the yankee network and unless there is a change in their plans they'll stick to this course of action.
You mean the network that they own and control? The one where they spin the stories the way they want. Great source :roll: