The Nats??? THE NATS???

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: The Nats??? THE NATS???

#11 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Todd Zola wrote:Bottom line? The Nats have an aging owner that wants to win and doesn't give a rat's ass about sample size, all he knows is his closer cost him the playoffs and he wipes his butt with twenties so the money is no problem.
Ok ... let's say that's true ... so he sits quietly by waiting for his arteries to harden and watches them shut Stasburg down without making a sound? Seems a bit contradictory if that's the case.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Black Sox wrote:Found this on MLB.com. Sign and trades ARE allowed however the report talks more about the player re signing with his original team and then being traded and does not address being signed by a new team and then traded. However having read the article there does not seem to be anything right now preventing it so long as the player is in agreement to this happening.

"part of the Basic Agreement could be utilized so that some of the remaining Type A free agents on the market can join new teams without draft-pick compensation going to their old teams, a top Major League Baseball official told MLB.com on Tuesday.
The sign-and-trade rule allows a free agent to waive a no-trade period in the agreement if he consents to the deal in writing.

Thus, a Type A free agent could work out contract details with a new team but re-sign with his former team, which would then trade him to the other team in question.

Teams can't normally trade a newly signed free agent until after June 15 of the following season, unless the player gives written consent.

"We do think it's possible to effectuate a sign-and-trade consistent with the Basic Agreement," said Rob Manfred, MLB's executive vice president of labor relations and human resources. "The player would have to give an advance waiver of the right not to be traded.

From MLB.com
Nice piece of research here, Black Sox. Well done.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:
Todd Zola wrote:Bottom line? The Nats have an aging owner that wants to win and doesn't give a rat's ass about sample size, all he knows is his closer cost him the playoffs and he wipes his butt with twenties so the money is no problem.
Ok ... let's say that's true ... so he sits quietly by waiting for his arteries to harden and watches them shut Stasburg down without making a sound? Seems a bit contradictory if that's the case.
Yes, if he was convinced this would give the team its best shot at winning in '13 or '14.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord