Query

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Query

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

With all due respect to Chief Robert Ironside .....
  • You give up on the third overall pick in 2011 to get Tony Sipp and Lars Anderson!?!?!?
  • Did the DBacks simply rush him because of his AAA stats and he needs to cook a little more??? OR
  • Do they think he's so much of a head case that they wanted nothing more to do with him (which, of course, speaks volumes about their original due diligence)
:?:
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Query

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

There were mumblings about #3 at the AFL.

But, they are truly high on Didi Gregorius (or is that just truly high?) - great glove that showed some stick at the AFL.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

da_big_kid_94 wrote:With all due respect to Chief Robert Ironside .....
  • You give up on the third overall pick in 2011 to get Tony Sipp and Lars Anderson!?!?!?
  • Did the DBacks simply rush him because of his AAA stats and he needs to cook a little more??? OR
  • Do they think he's so much of a head case that they wanted nothing more to do with him (which, of course, speaks volumes about their original due diligence)
:?:
First - early trade report was WRONG they also got Didi Gregorius, SS that Reds sent to Cleveland along with Stubbs to get Choo (and Jason Donald btw very good utility IF) .........so for Bauer and two RP the DBacks got
Gregorius who they view as their SS of the future (will compete for job in spring training;
Tony Sipp - Very good LH bullpen pitcher; and
Lars Anderson - most likely 1B at AAA Reno because I don't think there is room for him on the ML roster (unless they actually do trade JUp .... or perhaps Kubel

Second - IMO Bauer was always the one young pitcher to get traded because of some friction created (in fairness by the club as well as by Bauer) on the Diamondbacks.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

But if I see the name Didi Gregorius, why do I read it as "Rey Ordonez"? Is there something in this young man's skill set I missed or is it just hope he develops somewhat as a hitter?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Gregorius is a much better hitter already than was Ordonez

Don't get me wrong he is not a plus hitter at shortstop for fantasy - but for real baseball when he can play great defense (also much better than Ordonez) he doesn't have to hit a ton.