AL Only - Soto, Kottaras

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Trav The Ump

AL Only - Soto, Kottaras

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

11 teams as seen in the signature below. Norris just got sent down because of Kottaras and I have Napoli. Are either one worth putting FAAB on?

(Quick disclaimer: I more than likely will be bidding $100 on Dempster to flip him to a team wherein I can get a closer, so this question may be a moot point. But planning ahead just in case!)

Captain Hook

Re: AL Only - Soto, Kottaras

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I think Soto is the way to go because if the Rangers coaches can get his swing/head straightened out he will have a much better situation in that ballpark. Since they DFAed Torrealba, Soto will get some AB and just a Napoli nick from lots of at bats.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#3 Post by CubFan »

Soto as he has more pop but he comes with a disclaimer......he's become injury prone. His new park will give him a boost in power. Kottaras should end up with more ABs but his counting numbers will be hampered in Oakland plus their anemic offense.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Soto for several reasons. If winning is contagious, he just went from a clean room to an epidemic. He's under no real pressure to deliver offensively and with the lineup he's going to be in, opposing pitchers may see him as the cripple until proven otherwise ...not a bad situation to be in with that ballpark.

P.S. - after last night - rethink the $100 bid on Dempster. :D
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Trav The Ump wrote:11 teams as seen in the signature below. Norris just got sent down because of Kottaras and I have Napoli. Are either one worth putting FAAB on?

(Quick disclaimer: I more than likely will be bidding $100 on Dempster to flip him to a team wherein I can get a closer, so this question may be a moot point. But planning ahead just in case!)
Guessing that with Suzuki traded today Norris may be on his way back up - at least you want to check on that first ..........

Trav The Ump

#6 Post by Trav The Ump »

I've put in a bid for Soto as a contingency if I don't get Dempster for a full bid, I've got a deal in place to flip Dempster for Wilhemsen immediately after acquiring him as I really need saves. Will keep you up to date on the outcome!