2013 NL targets

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
FBP

2013 NL targets

#1 Post by FBP »

Languishing in 4th in NL keeper league with very little chance to bring home the yahoo so looking to spec on 2013. Who are favorite targets for 2013 among little known or emerging players who I can pick up off free agent list e.g. Donovan Solano, Valdespin, McKendry etc.

Captain Hook

Re: 2013 NL targets

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

my reply elsewhere

FBP

#3 Post by FBP »

Not very helpful of a reply. I am looking for under the radar players with a chance to be worthwhile in 2013. Just looking for guys others have their eyes on. It is a 10 team NL only 5x5. It is deep as we roster 25 with 5 Minor leaguers. I could list all free agents but that is a rather daunting task.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Perhaps but would you like us to guess at every single player?
How about a list of current owned minor leaguers? Now less than 50 and probably a quick cut/paste

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

FBP wrote:Not very helpful of a reply. I am looking for under the radar players with a chance to be worthwhile in 2013. Just looking for guys others have their eyes on. It is a 10 team NL only 5x5. It is deep as we roster 25 with 5 Minor leaguers. I could list all free agents but that is a rather daunting task.
How's this for a helpful reply? Why in God's name would you care to speculate on who's going to be valuable in 2013 with 1/3 of the 2012 season left plus an entire off season? No one really has their eyes on anybody right now - the guys you mentioned? Flavors of the month, right now. No guarantee they'll even be on an ML roster at the start of the 2013 season or be expected to be valuable contributors. Perry and Todd are good ...but no one is that good. As a head start, these are some of the types of questions you may want to do some research on;
  • Who is most likely to be traded in the off season or lost as a free agent -whether due to salary constraints, pending arbitration, minor leaguer who needs a place to play, etc.?
  • How many years in do the players ahead of them have in the majors already?
  • Does that team have someone in their minors who is major league ready at that position should that player move on (e.g., Headley)?
  • How many teams have money to spend or salary they can absorb (i.e, Dodgers)?
  • How many of these types are just keeping the seat warm for currently injured players that most likely will return in 2013 if not sooner?
  • How many of these teams are in transition and how many are gearing up for a run (i.e. Segura in Milwaukee)?
These are the types of questions that will invariably come up ....but no one is going to have an answer for them now.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams