AL pitcher

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Captain Hook

Re: AL pitcher

#11 Post by Captain Hook »

this already on cbs although I don't see the transactions yet on MLB.com

The Rangers called up pitching prospect Justin Grimm from Double-A Frisco on Thursday, with the intention of starting him on Saturday against the Astros. The move was made after Koji Uehara was placed on the disabled list. Grimm has made just 38 starts in two seasons since being selected in the fifth round of the 2010 MLB Draft out of the University of Georgia. "We looked at all options, the guys on the ballclub and the guys down below," general manager Jon Daniels told the Star-Telegram. "We felt Justin was the guy who was most ready to help us win a ballgame and step into this role.”
(Updated 06/15/12)

UPDATE - there may be a fly in the Grimm ointment (and transaction).....The Rangers did put Uehara on the DL but called up OF Leonys Martin because Josh Hamilton has been hospitalized with a stomach virus......Martin is supposedly starting in CF tonight.......that means they would need an additional spot on the 40 man roster to call up Grimm...............I wonder if they aren't going to pass on that and start Robbie Ross..............or whether there is someone who has options left they might shuttle...........Stay Tuned

Spread da wealth
Major League Veteran

#12 Post by Spread da wealth »

Yeah, just noticed that. Maybe they'll send Martin right back down, if Hamilton recovers right away after some IV fluids, in order to bring up Grimm. If so, for my sake I hope they do it before 12:30 tomorrow. Thanks again.

Captain Hook

#13 Post by Captain Hook »

Spread da wealth wrote:Yeah, just noticed that. Maybe they'll send Martin right back down, if Hamilton recovers right away after some IV fluids, in order to bring up Grimm. If so, for my sake I hope they do it before 12:30 tomorrow. Thanks again.
Martin is up for the weekend - Hamilton not likely to play at all
But they do have another day (I was thinking Grimm was going today but he will start tomorrow)