Ya Gotta Love Bill Madden - majors version

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Ya Gotta Love Bill Madden - majors version

#1 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

NY Daily News 06/03/12
Whether they care to know it or not, the Oakland A’s and San Diego Padres are on pace for some historical offensive futility marks. After 51 games, the A’s were batting .210, which would eclipse the 1910 Chicago White Sox’s all-time worst .211. According to the Elias Bureau, the Athletics’ .210 is the lowest team batting average at this juncture since the Texas Rangers’ .204 in 1972. As for the injury-depleted Padres, they had but 26 homers in their first 52 games, and if they continue this power outage, they have an outside shot of beating the 1979 Houston Astros’ dubious record of 49 homers in a 162-game schedule.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... z1wjV3oBXM
OK ...all those who think Carlos Quentin is the answer in SD, raise your hand. Then again, I KEPT Craig Pennington.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

Re: Ya Gotta Love Bill Madden - majors version

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Well I froze his brother Cliff

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Ya Gotta Love Bill Madden - majors version

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Which may be an indicator on why :oops: I'm not doing so hot in my AL only.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams