Things that I don't get

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Captain Hook

Re: Things that I don't get

#71 Post by Captain Hook »

Good Posting kid and Cespedes certainly exceeded my expectations.

I posted after Lawr's Mastersblog that Bob Melvin did an amazing job this year in Oakland - as did Buck Showalter in Baltimore. The writers should vote them co-managers of the year in the AL because both earned it and neither should go without the award.

OTOH I don't see any competition that would even get votes against Billy Beane as AL Exec of the Year

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#72 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

And to be fair ... I DO get Loria ...I just wonder why they allow him to stick around.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#73 Post by Todd Zola »

Individually, every one of his moves can be justified/rationalized -- but collectively, all things considered, I feel for whatever Miami fans still remain.

Though, I am sort of in the same boat as I am with Boston -- OK, I get it. I'll reserve judgment until I see what's next.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#74 Post by SteveB »

That was fun to reread the whole post and see how things came out....

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#75 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

SteveB wrote:That was fun to reread the whole post and see how things came out....
And it seems it isn't done yet, Steve;
Have to wonder what it’s going to take for the Oakland A’s owners to realize there’s no way they are ever going to get to San Jose, at least as long as Bud Selig is commissioner.

It was reported by the L.A. Times last week that Selig, who has had a panel studying the A’s stadium situation since March 30, 2009, sent the A’s a list of “tentative guidelines” they had to follow before he could put a move to San Jose before the other 29 clubs. But even then, the report said, he couldn’t guarantee it would be approved.
Bill Madden, NY Daily News, 2/24/13.

Also in this article, Madden takes Luccino to the woodshed about his reactions to Francona's book and to Shaughnessey.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... z2LonFW6Hg
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams