My tean in a private NFBC satellite league

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

My tean in a private NFBC satellite league

#1 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll blog about this squad in a bit, but here is my entry in the Shawn Childs League. Shawn is one of the more accomplished gamers and puts together an invite-only league that kicks off the NFBC drafting season. This is a draft LOADED with some of the more successful owners. Last season, I was amidst a group of 4 that swapped the top-4 standings places throughout September, but the season ended a couple days too late for me as I feel from a money spot to the bridesmaid at 4 :cry:

from the 8-hole

C McCann-4, Clement-16
CI Berkman-2, Chipper-5, Delgado-9
MI Roberts-3, SDrew-6, FLopez-17
OF Sizemore-1, Lind-18, Scott-19, Joyce-20, BGiles-21 (Fowler-25, Moss-26, RDavis-28, Thames-30)
UT Gordon-10
SP Oswalt-7, Harden-8, Lilly-14, Jurrjens-15, Wolf-22 (Correia-27)
RP Bell-11, Qualls-12, Hanrahan-13, Villanueva-23 (Carpenter-24, SShields-29)

The 2 picks I do not like are Hanrahan and Clement -- I should be fine in saves w/o Hanrahan and there is no trading, and there were a couple of catchers in retrospect I wish I chose over Clement. I will be playing Russian Roulette with OF all season, partly by design but partly because I felt I needed to cover Chipper with a solid 3B eligible player that I would put at UT. Along with another SP or two, I need to find a backup MI to cover Lopez. I opted to wait until the season as someone will emerge, as opposed to talking someone like Punto just to have a backup. I would rather have another OF to put in my pistol than a guy I would probably never use like Punto.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

whammer
Major League Regular

Re: My tean in a private NFBC satellite league

#2 Post by whammer »

A bit concerned about your OF..Joyce will be in a platoon, but he is on the better side. Scott, who i like may be in a platoon as well, Lind should see significant AB's Toronto is sitting on their hands this offseason you will need him to give you .285-24-85 What does Giles have left?

If Scott and Lind produce, you are in good shape ...iF not...

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: My tean in a private NFBC satellite league

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

whammer wrote:A bit concerned about your OF..Joyce will be in a platoon, but he is on the better side. Scott, who i like may be in a platoon as well, Lind should see significant AB's Toronto is sitting on their hands this offseason you will need him to give you .285-24-85 What does Giles have left?

If Scott and Lind produce, you are in good shape ...iF not...
Absolutely agree, hence the Russian Roulette reference. Fowler is a wild card as well. I will need at least two OF to emerge from reserve or the wire to really be comfortable.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord