Fanball.com

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
50 Desert Eagles

Fanball.com

#1 Post by 50 Desert Eagles »

Ok, some ramblings....I did a draft last week on fanball.com. I bought there magizine and saw where they have money leagues and yada yada, so I played in a freebie to see what there site was like.....10 team mixed 5x5....plenty of talent to go around right? Ok, that was my thought anyway....well the draft was pretty much like yahoo's, but it had some more stats and screens which were good, but a pain because you had to switch screens to pick pitchers...oh yea, plus the software had a bug and once you scrolled it, it went into a loop where it scrolled thru all 999 players really fast and you couldn't stop it, so you had to type in the name in the search of the person you wanted to draft and it stopped on there name for around 2 seconds....anyway, that isn't my point. It showed who was live drafting-auto drafting-people with there own draft list. Well of the 10, two people just let fanball draft there team(yea I know, usually not the best) BUT, it was crazy, I mean baaaaaaaaaaaad....there was a chat forum for live players and everyone was laughing at the computers pick...funny thing, it wasn't picking the next BEST projected player, it was randomly picking....one big example, it picked Shin-So Choo in the 8th round for a team...that is what pick 80 something in a 10 team mixed!!!! Anyway, I felt like I was getting shafted somewhat because it wasn't fair and sure some of the players will drop out and not even set there lineup and such, but I wanted to let everyone know in case you decide to do some online drafts.....not bashing that site, but after this experience(or lack thereof) I won't buy another $7.50 mag from them....lesson learned! :mrgreen: Oh yea, here is my team....I wonder how I will fare.....

C Brian McCann ATL
1B Miguel Cabrera DET
2B Ian Kinsler TEX
3B Garrett Atkins COL
SS Jose Reyes NYM
CI Adrian Gonzalez SD
MI Kelly Johnson ATL
OF Nick Markakis BAL
OF Shane Victorino PHI
OF Adam Dunn WAS
OF Jay Bruce CIN
OF Milton Bradley CHC