Draft day software

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
SteveB
Major League All-Star

Re: Draft day software

#21 Post by SteveB »

LOL thats funny one year in a local redraft league i picked up a magazine on the way to a draft so everyone there would
thnk i was a noob. I didnt know anyone else was helping a friend fill in the league

Its hard to make trades if everyone thinks your are a ringer AND no one knows you. If they think you suck its amazing how nice they can be.

Of course year two they werent so nice :D

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#22 Post by CubFan »

ShawnC wrote:
alleyoops wrote:Lol. In one of my leagues, which has been around for more than 20 years, one owner buys a magazine the day before the draft each year, and pages through it repeatedly during the auction. He has 2 titles, and I'm still looking for my first!
As the Forum Funklord would say: I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons.

Last year one of my best friends, who has been wanting to know how I go about putting my team together, decided he had figured me out. We ended up duking it out on a number of players. He ended up winning the league over me by 1/2 point when he decided to drop Lackey the last week of the season. If you look up Lackey's last game he imploded and his previous game was a gem. To this day I dunno why he dropped him. I asked him but he was evasive. I don't think he really knows but everyone was high fiving him and telling him how smart he was.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#23 Post by alleyoops »

cwk1963 wrote:
alleyoops wrote:Lol. In one of my leagues, which has been around for more than 20 years, one owner buys a magazine the day before the draft each year, and pages through it repeatedly during the auction. He has 2 titles, and I'm still looking for my first!
Ouch!! Does he qualify for the blind squirrel category?
I don't think so. He's a pretty bright guy, and does a decent job in the auctions, despite his lack of preparation. He has good relationships with all of the other owners, which helps him on the trade front. He's also done a good job in building a strong keeper list, giving him a nice start in most seasons. Good keeper list + good in-season roster management + a little luck sometimes more than offsets his lack of preparation.