Players you are high on

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
SlamboJambo
Double-A

Players you are high on

#1 Post by SlamboJambo »

Todd, who are some of the players you might be higher on than the market? I am trying to come up with a list to take to my draft day with players I may be higher on than the most. I have a several written down already but would love to hear some of your thoughts. Thanks again

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Players you are high on

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Really can't answer, because all markets are different. My rankings/profiles are the best place to look. The profiles compare to the NFBC ADP, which isn't reflective of all markets. You can easily glean some names via the profiles.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

SlamboJambo
Double-A

#3 Post by SlamboJambo »

So, by looking at the player profiles, Dee Gordon might be a player you're higher on that most? ADP 28 and MB14. Likewise with a Nelson Cruz who's ADP is 57 and MB 26? Just trying to find out the best way to read/utilize the profiles. Thanks again, Todd.

SlamboJambo
Double-A

#4 Post by SlamboJambo »

And as I go further down the list I can see even larger discrepancies between ADP and MB than Dee Gordon. Daniel Murphy and Lorenzo Cain both are ranked 30-50 spots higher than their ADP.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

SlamboJambo wrote: February 21st, 2018, 11:06 am So, by looking at the player profiles, Dee Gordon might be a player you're higher on that most? ADP 28 and MB14. Likewise with a Nelson Cruz who's ADP is 57 and MB 26? Just trying to find out the best way to read/utilize the profiles. Thanks again, Todd.
As I think I explain, you can't draft Gordon according to rank - you need to commit to a strategy picking up power later. Chances are, everyone has the same expectation for Gordon (and Cruz), it's where everyone is willing to draft them/how much they'd pay.

Gordon -- not many want to sacrifice power
Cruz -- not may want to lock up UT

So they're available at a potential profit, but only if you fill the rest of your team accordingly. Maybe shoot for Joey Gallo with Gordon. Have some multi-eligibility players with Cruz.

The key isn't drafting a rank, but knowing why it's there and how to balance the rest of the team.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

SlamboJambo wrote: February 21st, 2018, 11:11 am And as I go further down the list I can see even larger discrepancies between ADP and MB than Dee Gordon. Daniel Murphy and Lorenzo Cain both are ranked 30-50 spots higher than their ADP.
Make sure you AGREE with the projection before you act on it. Your team, your call.

Murphy is easy -- he's being downgraded via injury, probably too much, especially since the recent reports are good. Players out on opening day are easiest to replace with a quality fill in.

Cain - I don't think others are correcting enough for Miller Park and the Brewers being a running team

SlamboJambo
Double-A

#7 Post by SlamboJambo »

This is all really great stuff, Todd. Thanks. This is my first year going into season long baseball so i'm still trying to adjust. Are there any strategies you like to employ for a points league? Obviously tough to make a judgement without knowing all the scoring settings and such but if it helps, the top 10 fantasy scorers in this league format last season were:
1.Charlie Blackmon
2.Giancarlo Stanton
3.Corey Kluber
4.Aaron Judge
5.Chris Sale
6.Joey Votto
7.Nolan Arenado
8.Max Scherzer
9.Paul Goldschmidt
10.Jose Abreu

bfbeck
Major Leaguer
Preferred Style: Mixed H2H Points

#8 Post by bfbeck »

SlamboJambo wrote: February 21st, 2018, 11:40 am This is all really great stuff, Todd. Thanks. This is my first year going into season long baseball so i'm still trying to adjust. Are there any strategies you like to employ for a points league? Obviously tough to make a judgement without knowing all the scoring settings and such but if it helps, the top 10 fantasy scorers in this league format last season were:
1.Charlie Blackmon
2.Giancarlo Stanton
3.Corey Kluber
4.Aaron Judge
5.Chris Sale
6.Joey Votto
7.Nolan Arenado
8.Max Scherzer
9.Paul Goldschmidt
10.Jose Abreu
I too play in a points league and would like to hear Todd's thoughts about strategies. I will say he and DVR do a great job on their pod discussing Two Start Pitchers for the upcoming week.
Philippians 1:21

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

bfbeck wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 6:37 pm I too play in a points league and would like to hear Todd's thoughts about strategies. I will say he and DVR do a great job on their pod discussing Two Start Pitchers for the upcoming week.
I'm behind due to the bevy of moves and two Ottoneu auctions this week, but the next Z Files is on points leagues, it will be posted Friday on Rotowire, and likely Sunday here (platinum). It will have a twist I promise no one has ever discussed.

bfbeck
Major Leaguer
Preferred Style: Mixed H2H Points

#10 Post by bfbeck »

Todd Zola wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 6:42 pm
bfbeck wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 6:37 pm I too play in a points league and would like to hear Todd's thoughts about strategies. I will say he and DVR do a great job on their pod discussing Two Start Pitchers for the upcoming week.
I'm behind due to the bevy of moves and two Ottoneu auctions this week, but the next Z Files is on points leagues, it will be posted Friday on Rotowire, and likely Sunday here (platinum). It will have a twist I promise no one has ever discussed.
Nice! Thanks.
Philippians 1:21