A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 24th, 2017, 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm going to break my own rule
PostPosted: October 14th, 2017, 1:04 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 4x4 Ultra Onlys Keeper Auctions
Normally I would NEVER talk about 2018 this early, but I have a conundrum... his name is David Dahl (and yest, Wolifie ...feel free to read).

Now the league is in the signature and it's NL only (and Holland ..... PLEASE let the Cards snatch you up!!!). For the first time in my life, I foresee going into the 2018 auction with 5 OF and only the Util spot open. Here are the Fab Five with contract amounts and years left;
  • Dahl 10 final year
  • Domingo Santana 16 2 years left (add one year to contract)
  • Atherr 1 2 years left
  • Schwarber 15 Final year (I know, but 30 bombs is tought to ignore even if he can't field worth a damn and I can't see Joe trying that leadoff experiment again)
  • Markakis 6 Final Year (I know ATL wants him out, but until then .275 and 70+RBI for 6 bucks just can't be washed away.
  • Parra 3 two years remaining
  • Robles 5 units 3 years

I know ...that's 7. It's why I threw Markakis in there to show all possible options. Now, why is Dahl my problem? He has a handcuff on my team ....Otani. Again, a longshot ...but if he posts and doesn't got directly to the minors, do I hope his team makes him an OF or a pitcher? See, this is why I don't usually do this so soon ...and there are a few questions that can't be answered yet (just to muddle waters. my MI will be all filled up at auction as well with Scooter, Freddy Galvis and Drury for a combined cost of 5 units). I'm obviously gearing up for a big NL run and I think I'm too close to see forest for trees.

to produce insight where the simple will suffice, and that isn’t a good thing for everyone."
- Gary J blog 6/2/10