Problem with CVRC Hitting Values

A board to test all the settings...
capt2stu
Major Leaguer

Problem with CVRC Hitting Values

#1 Post by capt2stu »

I imported the hitting and pitching CVRC spreadsheets to MasterDraft and the Pitching is fine, but the values for the hitters are way too high, has Napoli and Pujols at 82. Thought I set it up correctly.

I put in 18 teams, and set Catchers to 36 and OF to 216. Then checked and there were 35 1B, 28 2B, 31 3B, 29 SS, 93 OF. It is set to Customize and Two Pools, then clicked on Click for Draft Software. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Also have a question on View Teams. How do you have the team name listed instead of team number or with the team number?

Thanks,
Stu
15 team 5x5 Mixed Roto
Draft 3/18/18

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Problem with CVRC Hitting Values

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

the second time through, switch to FORCE POSITIONS
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

the second time through, switch to FORCE POSITIONS
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

capt2stu
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by capt2stu »

Todd,

Now it won't let me enter the number of teams or players at positions. It is not giving an Enable option as it did prior, and can't seem to find it in 2010 Excel. Also, why do we need to force positions if there are enough players at MI and CI?

Thanks,
Stu
15 team 5x5 Mixed Roto
Draft 3/18/18

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

try saving the program then reopening and it should give you the option.

As for positions, you don't HAVE to force, but I highly suggest you do, as the program was written to make it very easy to do.

The reason it is better is not so much there are enough players but rather in a real auction, the last player bought at each position will always be $1. Why spend more when it is the last player? So what forced positions does is force the worst player at each position to be $1.

if you don't want that, do what you did before, just use catchers and outfielders with two pools and click values, don't change the number per position.

capt2stu
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by capt2stu »

That worked. Thanks!

May have missed this when I asked, but on View Rosters can we have it show the team name instead of just number?
15 team 5x5 Mixed Roto
Draft 3/18/18

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

That's a Pasko question. I'll forward to him.