troble with customized

A board to test all the settings...
FBP

troble with customized

#1 Post by FBP »

I have been a user for several years, but this year for some reason I can't enter my league perameters to get league specific values. SDpecifically, when IO get to OF there is "180"in the box and when I try to change it to 50 (5 x 10 teams) it won't thake that drection, not allow me to enter anything else on that playwer set up. Help please.
Last edited by FBP on March 5th, 2012, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: troble with customized

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Have you gone through the directions to properly set your pool with respect to the number of players per position because?

We should start at the beginning, it does not take long.

What re your league parameters? How many teams, AL/NL/Mixed, etc?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

FBP

#3 Post by FBP »

I have done this set up for years and have folowed all the instructions. I set it for NL, team teans with 1.00 vlaues, 280 cap and it takes my player number entry until I get to OF. There it stops.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

It is a new CVRC this year and there are new directions.

Have you gone through the two-pool set up to determine the players per position?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

FBP

#5 Post by FBP »

not sure what you mean. In the playing pool i put in the number of player per postion. For example for catchers i enter 20 as we have 2 catchers with 10 teams. I follow this protocal without difficulty until I get to OF. That's where I am running into my problem.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

FBP wrote:not sure what you mean. In the playing pool i put in the number of player per postion. For example for catchers i enter 20 as we have 2 catchers with 10 teams. I follow this protocal without difficulty until I get to OF. That's where I am running into my problem.
What I mean is how do you know the number of other players? You need to determine how many 1B and 3B get placed at CI or UT, how many 2B and SS get placed at MI or UT and how many OF get placed at UT.

This is the new part -- so I am asking specifically, what are you putting in for 1B, 2B, 3B etc.

Are you setting customize or standard?

What do you have in for POOL COMPOSITION? -- two pools? Forced positions?

Once we are clear here, it will take very little time to work through it.

If you think a phone call would facilitate things, let me know, I'll PM you my number and you can call me at your convenience. I have worked a few people through the process in five minutes over the phone.

FBP

#7 Post by FBP »

I am using customize.

Not sure I would know how many 1B/3B get put at corner Before since we have 1 corner and one MI i would have enteered 10 into those fields

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

That's the point, you don't enter 10 into those fields.

As an example, if 6 2B should fill MI and 1 should fill UT, then the number of 2B is

10+6+1 = 17

I have designed this new CVRC to do this calculation for you.

The process to do it takes a couple of minutes, but once you do it once, it is pretty much a piece of cake to repeat next time.

Based on what you have said thus far, your first step is to set the POOL COMPOSITION to TWO POOLS, put 20 in for catchers and put 120 in for outfielders, leaving everyone else 0.

This counts up the positions of the top-120 non-catchers in the pool which you see on the league setup sheet.

You make sure there are ample CI and MI and adjust if necessary, then you add the proper number of 1B, 2B, 3B, SS and OF to the league set up page, change POOL COMPOSITION to forced position and click VALUES and there you have it.

the phone offer stands -- in time it takes each of us to type our responses, I can talk you through the set up --PROMISE!

FBP

#9 Post by FBP »

i guess I don't get it. I would like to take you up on the phone offer