A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 25th, 2017, 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Be careful with your FAAB bids
PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 10:03 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Hey guys - I just wanted to say to everyone to implement some controls into your FAAB bidding process to avoid mistakes or problems.

The system is constantly being tweaked and improved - if you have problems - you should feel free to email the NFBC staff about them.

One of our owners didn't get a player that he thought he bid on last week. The only reason I could give him for it not going through was that he forgot to save the bid before exiting. I don't love the fact that you have to do this before leaving the page - but if you don't you will lose the work you have done. They have changed some things with the bidding software since the beginning. Now it defaults to a "Select Player" whereas before it was listing the player on your roster highest alphabetically. For my first bids - it was always going to Adam Jones. This is why in the first weeks of the season people have dropped players like Adam Dunn by mistake. So there is an example of one thing they fixed.

Also - it was my experience last week - that things got very slow on the system as the clock got closer to the time to run the bids. I would strongly urge you all to get your bids in place by 7PM and not put yourselves in a position to get squeezed by the system when it slows down. Greg has said they are working on this to try and speed things up - but until they do - do yourself a favor and get your bids in early.

I would also suggest taking a screen shot or making a printout of your bids for the next few weeks. This way if something doesn't go right - you will have some evidence to get a move processed.

Good luck to all this week.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

Post subject: Re: Be careful with your FAAB bids
PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 10:47 am 
Hall of Famer

deansdaddy wrote:
Now it defaults to a "Select Player" whereas before it was listing the player on your roster highest alphabetically. For my first bids - it was always going to Adam Jones. This is why in the first weeks of the season people have dropped players like Adam Dunn by mistake. So there is an example of one thing they fixed.

So in my other league, I probably won't be getting Adrian Gonzalez, as he was dropped?? This will most likely be corrected, I would imagine. Damn, could have used him too.

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

Post subject: Re: Be careful with your FAAB bids
PostPosted: April 14th, 2010, 11:19 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Yeah - I would say that would be another example of a mistaken drop.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey