Here is the link to the Rookie League Standings page -

http://nfbc.fanball.com/my/my_league.ph ... eason=2010

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

Post subject: Re: Rookie League Standings
PostPosted: April 7th, 2010, 11:28 am 
Major Leaguer

Hi Ryan
Standings look correct now.
A couple things, which team names are the experienced players, wasn't there four?

Also as teams pick up players via FAAB how do I find out who they dropped, "waiver history" shows the bids, teams, ect but I can't find where on the site I can see who were dropped?

Thanks

----------------
SinCitySaints

PostPosted: April 7th, 2010, 12:01 pm 
Major League Regular

Sergio wrote:
Hi Ryan
A couple things, which team names are the experienced players, wasn't there four?

Thanks

I hope all is well Sergio, I will forever remember your joke about mocking with your daughters stuffed animals. Haha, one of the funniest posts I have ever read.

here are the 5 Vets-

Big Alameda Machine
Central Park Muggers
Hoboken Generals
Sack Sat II
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 7th, 2010, 12:19 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Hey guys - yeah the standings are up - I will link to that when I get back in.

There are only 4 veteran NFBC teams. My buddy Nick Passarelli is the owner of the Hoboken Generals, and although he is a very experienced fantasy player - this is also his first foray into an NFBC 15 team league. The iother team names are correct though.

PostPosted: April 8th, 2010, 8:26 am 
Hall of Famer

Nice to see that the 3 teams i KNOW used mastersball are the bottom 3 teams. :roll:

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: April 8th, 2010, 12:22 pm 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: Auction Only Leagues. 4x4,5x5
AllstonRockCity wrote:
Nice to see that the 3 teams i KNOW used mastersball are the bottom 3 teams. :roll:

yeah...Last place after 3 days! Those mastersball projections are killing me....I am giving up on them :D :D

Although, they did tell me that Luke Hochevar would struggle to find wins in KC and true to form, he tosses 7 1/3 innings of shutout ball, 16 of 19 groundball outs and he still cant get a win! I guess that one is my fault. they told me Luke would struggle to find wins, but I didnt listen....

PostPosted: April 8th, 2010, 1:21 pm 
Hall of Famer

rotodog wrote:
yeah...Last place after 3 days! Those mastersball projections are killing me....I am giving up on them :D :D

i hear ya. who do i talk to about my refund? ;) :lol:

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 12:15 pm 
Major League Regular

AllstonRockCity wrote:

Honestly, no offense, but it makes sense that that might happen in the long run. Nothing against Mastersball or their projections, but when everyone is using the same projections, there is going to be a fight for the players those projections like. If you were playing against 14 guys using HQ, for example, then you would be able to pluck all the Mastersball guys much later and therefore build a better team. When you have more and more people using the same set of projections, you get diminishing returns.

This is one of the primary reasons I do my own. However, if I didn't, I'd probably use CHONE or something.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2010, 2:31 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
Aside from how some sites favor one player over another, most projections are moderately similar. More important is how you use the projections. Are you more a best available or position scarcity drafter. Some try and fill their infield first while others do not. Some empathize power in their first picks. Soem drfat towards general targets in power & speed. Some wait longer than others for starting pitchers. Some wait on closers and other want a top tier closer. Players you had on previous winning teams get taken before even slightly better players who you had on poor performing teams. With identical projections, you can end up with entirely different teams.

In my case, I liked Tulowitzki for a number of reason but mostly because he was of value around my pick and I felt drafting a SS first would make the rest of the draft easier with more options. I know BBHQ wasn't as big on him as MB was but I also knew that Shawn Childs liked him a lot.

The thing is that one style may be great one year and totally suck the next.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 19th, 2010, 9:15 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Nick Passarelli's Hoboken Generals won week 2 and remain in first place in the Rookie Invitational after two weeks. Chase Utley's monster week led the way for the Generals who sit on top of the Standings with 102 points. Adam Lind also rocked the house for Hoboken this week. David Ortiz continues to struggle and the Generals are off the pace in BA and SB's - but the rest of their offense is clicking at this point. The CC Sabathia led staff was solid this week and the bullpen delivered 4 more saves.

Todd Easterling's UK BlueCats are nipping at Nick's heels sitting in second place for the second straight week with 99.5 points. Ryan Braun and Robinson Cano led the way on offense this week. Cano is looking like a monster year could be in store for him this year hitting in the 5th spot in that Yankee lineup.Todd raised some eyebrows with his early selections of M Rivera and J Soria and those two have been solid out of the gate. Time will tell if the rest of UK's staff can keep pace but the early returns from Jonathan Sanchez, Colby Lewis and Ian Kennedy indicate that they might.

He is followed in the standings by Jim Foxx's Dos Equis squad with 95.5 points, Mark Bendar's Strike Force at 92.5 and veteran Ken Magner's Sack Sat II team in fifth with 90.5.

Last weeks third place team - Tom Breslin's Frost Heaves stumbled a bit this week falling to 9th place.

Veteran Mike Ladd's Vienna Vipers is stuck in last place for a second consecutive week.