A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 25th, 2017, 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rookie League Standings
PostPosted: May 19th, 2010, 9:51 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Ken Magner's Sack Sat II team holds onto the top spot for another week - and it looks like they will be there for awhile. They have increased their point total as of today to 138 points.

After that we have a pocket of 4 teams:

Troy Pearson's Sin City Saints - 102.5

Tom Breslin's Frost Heaves - 98

Mark Jahn's Miller Park All Stars - 97

Todd Easterling's UK Blue Cats - 96.5

Last Week's big mover - Brian Oakchunas's BAM - moved right back down last week and now sit in 13th place.

Ryan Carey's Central Park Muggers have escaped last place at least for one week - Andrew Napora's Golden Gators have the honor.

Good Luck this week to everyone.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: May 24th, 2010, 10:02 am 
Hall of Famer

Ken Magner and his Sack Sat II team continue to dominate the standings. The remain in First Place with 137.5 points.

Justin Mourneau is flashing his MVP form and of course Jose Bautista has been downright ridiculous in May. Josh Johnson has also been stellar. Some chinks in the armor though as Ken cut bait on Grady Sizemore this week and also saw Brad Penny head to the DL. Who knows - he might even slip back to the 120's. :D

Todd Easterling had a solid week and moved back up two spots to second place with 111.5 points. Kevin Youkilis, Adam Laroche and the return of Nelson Cruz helped carry the offense this week. The team also stole 9 bases. They need to get Josh Beckett back and in form to make a run at Ken.

Mark Jahns changed his team name to Where Do We Go From Here? from the previous Miller Park All Stars. He stayed in the hunt in third place with 94.5 points. Scott Rolen (yes Scott Rolen) and Carl Crawford led the offense this week but the pitching had a rough week. Phil Hughes and others got roughed up. Papelbon got rocked as well. Carlos Zambrano should be back starting soon and he will be needed.

Troy Pearson's Sin City Saints gave back a little of last weeks gains. They finished the week in 4th place with 90 points. Aaron Hill showed signs of waking up from his early season swoon by blasting two HR's - getting his production back wopuld be a big boost for this team.

Tom Breslin's Frost Heaves are right behind in 5th place with 89 points. They are just an Albert Pujols hot streak away from moving back up the ladder.

Jimm Foxx's Dos Equis squad rounds out the Top 6 at 88 points. Miguel Montero should be back soon and that will be music to the skipper's ears.

We had a lot of movement up and down as the other 9 teams have bunched up from 76.5 to 52 points. This weeks big movers were Mark Bendars' Strike Force which moved up 5 spots into 7th place, Dave McAlary's big Booty squad moved up 2 spots to 8th and yes my own Central Park Muggers had their best week of the season thus far and moved up 3 spots into 11th place after lingering at the very bottom for the past few weeks.

Of course if something goes up - something else is coming down. Nick Passarelli's Hoboken Generals had a miserable week. Injuries have hit this team hard with A Cabrera, M DeRosa, J Posada and JJ Hardy all getting banged up. Throw in bad starts by CC and Hanson and you can see how this team dropped 4 spots down to 10th place.

Nate Oullette's Island Candidates team dropped 5 places in the standings while Brian Oakchunas' squad dropped 3 spots down to 14th!

Andrew Napora gained a little ground but still sits in last place.

PostPosted: September 22nd, 2010, 8:49 pm 
Major League Regular

I just knew that if I ruined my team with Jose Lopez all year this day would come.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2010, 10:08 pm 
Hall of Famer

Nice Brian - I know how you feel.

What does it say that the best two week stretch of the year my team has happens now that I'm knee deep in football?

I checked today and was shocked at how well my team has been doing - LOL.

At least we're are going out swinging.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2010, 8:46 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
You say you are knee deep in football and implying you are barely following your baseball team. And your team is doing well. How does that speak to your management? j/k

The stunning thing about the standing is that Sack lead is down to 2½ points. Sacks downside is about 5 points. The BlueCats only have an upside of a couple of points. But that combination means the last 10 days will be closely watched by two teams.

My NFBC lead in a $125/pay3 league is 7½ and I have avoided, as much as possible, to discuss my situation as I do not want to offend the fantasy gods. Suffice it to say my attention is on this team and another in an NL-only league where first place is about $1100. My lead there is 8½ with only a 3-5 point downside.

Not doing any other fantasy sports teams, baseball has my full attention. After I set my lineups for next Monday, there is very little I can do but watch and offer sacrifices to the fantasy gods.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: September 24th, 2010, 9:47 am 
Hall of Famer

Good luck Mike down the stretch - I will be finishing out of the money in all my leagues this year - however two of my teams did rebound from being in last place to 4th and 5th place.

My best teams this year were in Free leagues.
\
You are right - Todd has also had a fantastic year - and it will be fun to see if he can catch Ken down the stretch.