Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently September 24th, 2017, 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post FAAB reactions
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 6:48 pm 
Major League Regular

Pretty amazing that they didn't test out the FAAB system until after the season had started. Makes it a bit harder to have a lot of sympathy for them, considering the money that's involved.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 7:05 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Hey guys - been traveling all day and just got back to an apartment with no internet access. On the blackberry here. It looks like our faab has been corrected. Hopefully if you had a roster issue you went to the nfbc directly with it so they could fix it. They were fixing rosters for people who needed it. Does anyone out there have a specific roster problem they need resolved?

Someone mentioned K wood - If you do you need to email greg directly to take care of it.

I wanted to add some stuff today but it will have to wait til my internet is up and running again. I will check back in later via the bb.

Hey - at least I drafted S rodriguez and saved us from that bidding nightmare.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 8:08 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
Skin Blues wrote:
Pretty amazing that they didn't test out the FAAB system until after the season had started. Makes it a bit harder to have a lot of sympathy for them, considering the money that's involved.

I'm sure they tested it. They just did a real poor job of doing it. It had been pointed out on the boards that they should have had 15 of the veterans of the NFBC create a series of FAAB bids for a fictitious league. I can guarantee that if this had been done, these problems would not have happened.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 8:17 pm 
Major League Veteran

This may be a stupid question, but where is everyone seeing what bids won? I thought a thread goes out, but didn't think I saw one with the disaster last night.

On our individual FAAB front, I underbid on all of my players, so as I suspected, FAAB was run correct for me. I didn't have any lineup changes to make for this league, but did for my Double Play so I emailed Greg on those. As a helping/discussion point note, here were my bids:

F Morales - 15 with Conditional as follows:

JGarcia - 6
Carmona - 5

I also put a separate bid in for JBatista for $1, but Viper's bid obviously trumped that.

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 8:25 pm 
Major Leaguer

[quote="mbendar"]This may be a stupid question, but where is everyone seeing what bids won? I thought a thread goes out, but didn't think I saw one with the disaster last night.

On our individual FAAB front, I underbid on all of my players, so as I suspected, FAAB was run correct for me. I didn't have any lineup changes to make for this league, but did for my Double Play so I emailed Greg on those. As a helping/discussion point note, here were my bids:

F Morales - 15 with Conditional as follows:

JGarcia - 6
Carmona - 5

I also put a separate bid in for JBatista for $1, but Viper's bid obviously trumped that.

Hey Mark
"Transactions" at the top then hit "waiver history"
Now its time to go watch another Carolina team win a Championship, living in NC has its advantages.
Night from Greensboro

----------------
SinCitySaints

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 8:47 pm 
Double-A

Hey quick question. I just went and changed one of my players and it took. Just confirm that player wont take effect until Friday is that right? Thanks,
Joe

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 9:18 pm 
Major League Veteran

Troy,
Thanks for the advice - hit other spots but not that.

All,
Just as an FYI to all (and I'm sure I'm not the only 1 with the uncertainty) I am tracking all of my stats for this week and as long as it appears there could be some bugs with the Fanball software.

If my stats are right, will take the leap of faith and trust to assume everyone's elses is as well. If mine are wrong, will inform Greg as well as all of you.

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 11:26 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Hey guys - my internet is cooked - so sorry I've not been on today. Hopefully they'll get me on tomorrow so I can get us going again.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: April 6th, 2010, 5:52 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
Boomer wrote:
Hey quick question. I just went and changed one of my players and it took. Just confirm that player wont take effect until Friday is that right? Thanks,
Joe

I would like to be able to confirm it but with the new software I don't think I can. If you did it after last night's action, you should yourself and see what is showing. Then report back here. I can say that is what is supposed to happen and it is the way it will be counted. I just cannot say that it is the way it will count tonight. Fanball has proven they consider testing software a facit of the game which is optional.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 6th, 2010, 7:08 am 
Hall of Famer

I would be careful right now with lineups as they have today, 4/6 as the first game listed as if you can make the move for today's game like you could if it were a daily league. Yesterday, it was set up to lock you out and have the move be effective on Friday.

It may be a simple fix on their end, I am sure I am not the only person that noticed it and likely contacted them.

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next