Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently September 19th, 2017, 3:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post FAAB reactions
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:12 am 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: Auction Only Leagues. 4x4,5x5
deansdaddy wrote:
Well - I won Venable with a lower bid than you I guess Dave.

It doesn't look like my secondary bids were processed. I had a $2-3 bid on Jason Motte as a conditional behind Morales.

Behind Venable I had about 6-7 guys.

I had bids on Carmona and Garcia that I lost - but should have had a long list behind them - I forget who know.

We all had similar. My bid on Wil V was either 14 or 19..I cant remember right now. I had about 2 other conditionals after him...

But if they didnt run any 2nd and 3rd lists, someone may have outbid me on Wil V... I guess we need to wait and see what they come up with....

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:32 am 
Major Leaguer

Well boys what a mess.
I had 3 strings of players and one got processed, pretty much what all are dealing with. I have a hard copy, so we'll see what happens.
I signed on, as a rookie of course, hoping for a good experience. I read threw the rules agreed to them paid my 125 and now things are crazy.
I worked at Wachovia card products for 10 years and am really close to using my card knowledge to get the chargeback process in motion, I believe reason code 11 will work, "not as described", if not that code 14 and 15 are also in play here. I'll give them 24 hours from now to clean up the mess.
I guess I might have to depend on my neighborhood AL-only keeper league auction team to get my fantasy fix this year.
This stinks

----------------
SinCitySaints

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:39 am 
Hall of Famer

As an FYI, my successful bid on Castillo was actually my 3rd string. My 1st and 2nd strings were the one's that were not run.

As far as a solution goes, once they fix the FAAB, it seems that the only fair thing would be to have people set their lineups on Tuesday or Wednesday, then they can back date the stats to Sunday or Monday.

People should not have to put out a lineup in the 1st week with holes in it cuz their software wasn't up to snuff.

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:55 am 
Major League Elite

At this point, i have not been able to sign into my team to even adjust the lineup I own. For 3 hours it does nothing when i sign in.

I am also trying to post a message on the boards and it is soooo clogged up right now, i cant even post. It just keeps timing out and not letting me post. Is anyone else not able to sign in to their team?

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 1:55 pm 
Major Leaguer

The lineups were reset when they re-ran the FAAB. So I've got Kerry Wood in my lineup and Cueto on the bench. I'm sure others are in the same boat. Am I (and others, but it is all about me, you know ;) )going to have to live with this or can the system be overriden?

Rookie

Last edited by August West on April 5th, 2010, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 2:33 pm 
Hall of Famer

They are saying there will be an e-mail blast soon.

That said, rosters are now open to make any moves for players that have not played yet today.

if you set a move earlier today for an early game that got reversed when they re-ran FAAB, you are supposed to e-mail them the move(s) and they will enter it manually.

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 3:13 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
I'm guessing the Greg is not a happy person today.

Most issues are addressed somewhere on those boards but there are so many posts that you need about two hours to read them all. Fanball seems to be proud to puff their chests about all the fluff issue they have added but failed in many of the basics. Communication has been very poor on several issues. The assumption has been that everyone is reading every post on the boards relative to many issues. In my case, one the sixth page of what is now a 15 page posts, Greg said that post March 26th leagues would have FAAB run this week. The rule STILL say the opposite but this hidden post was the official notification. I don't know if I would have made a move but I didn't even check so i cannot say.

It appears my Rookie League FAAB turned out to be properly run and my other league was the one that had a surprise FAAB weekend. Once I start to golf [tax season is almost over], this will be in the past but next year I wonder how this will effect my participation. I've threatened to cut back from 7-8 leagues to 5-6 and my two NFBC leagues are currently the prime candidates. By next year, I'm sure thing will change. Now if FAAB is a disaster next week, then all bets are off.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 3:23 pm 
Major League Elite

Yeah....i was a bit disappointed that my original FAAB purchase of Mike LEake was null and void after they took him out of the pool. I desperately needed an SP and I ended up with Zack Duke and the 2 start week instead.... I did grab Drew Storen in one of my other Strings... it looks as if i overbid on both Storen and Duke.. :D

It seems to be 99% worked out now and only the people that simply want to Vent and be Buttholes are the ones still whining badly on the NFBC boards..

Vipe, your issue in your other league sounds pretty legit....I am not sure what can be done, but i think you have a legit gripe...

Good luck with that one ..

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 5:02 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
It just isn't worth pursuing.

Leake is a funny case. He is scheduled for a Sunday start but isn't even on the 40-man roster from what I can tell [I checked two different sites that seem to have rosters]. The Reds are using a loophole that all teams use. He will be placed on the 25-man roster on Sunday and someone will be removed. I suspect there is a leftover RP who is enjoying his day in the sun.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 5:50 pm 
Major League All-Star

Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction
I know this falls under the "I don't care about your league" category, but it appears my bids for my Sat league were processed correctly...but not until late this morning. Luckily I was off work today and able to adjust my lineup accordingly (stupid Jack Cust!!!). I sympathize with everyone involved in this process from the participants to the moderators. It seems like there was more bitten off than can be chewed by the NFBC crew. Hopefully it is smooth sailing from this point forward.

I wish you all luck this season and hope this is an enjoyable experience for everyone. I have learned a ton by shadowing this forum over the past month. Look on the bright side...baseball is here! Enjoy the games and most importantly have fun with your league(s). Now hit a grand slam Yadier! Yes! <<fist pump>> Don't strike out John Buck! Dang! <<slam fist on desk>>

Bench: AJ Reed, M.Smith, M.Boyd, J.Hahn, T.Kahnle
DL: W.Ramos, C.Cron, C.Rodon, D.Smyly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next