Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently July 27th, 2017, 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post FAAB reactions
PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 6:58 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
could everyone post their Rookie league bids on this page. The fact that you think you won a player may not be true if there was a higher bid on a subsequent request which was not processed. With just 15 team, we may be able to see what should have happened. This will be an ugly day in FanBall-world. I actually feel sorry for Greg but some part of this was self-inflicted. I recall issues the first season but back then there were just 13 leagues. There are quite a few more now.

Viper had just one bid. The c1 and c2 were conditional bids
Dropped Macdonald, LAA SP
1. Bautsita, Jose 20
c1. Blake DeWitt $19
c2. Harris, Brenden $18

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 7:38 am 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: Auction Only Leagues. 4x4,5x5
I have read the NFBC threads trashing the FAAB process....it seems like almost every league had a similar problem with only string one being run.

I do also realize that if others had other strings not run, then I may not have won a player that wasnt awarded initially.

I did read that they had all the info saved somewhere.

I dont remember my bids, But I had 3 strings.

string 1 had Mike Leake at the top with a high 30s bid. From that point down, i had a list of about 6 pitchers conditionally at lesser bids.

String 2 was offense. Dropping Matt Joyce , with Wil Venable as the primary target with a couple others at lower bids that didnt seem to be picked up in the first running. Wil venables bid was mid-high teens if I remember and was awarded to an owner at 6 or 8 dollars..my bid was obviously higher, but as I said, if only the first string of bids was run, someone may have outbid me in other strings....As of now though, Wil was awared to an owner with a lower bid..

String 3 was more SPs...

I think Jaime garcia, Fausto etc were in there. they were also lower conditional bids in the Mike Leake string. Zach Duke I believe was the primary in that string with the highest bid...

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 8:12 am 
Hall of Famer

viper wrote:
could everyone post their Rookie league bids on this page.

List 1 was dropping Derek Holland and bidding:
$19 on Jamie Garcia
$5 on Jon Lannan
$5 on Jeff Francis
$1 on Tim Wakefield

Holland is still on my team and Lannan, Francis and Wake are still FA's.

List 2 was dropping Takashi Saito and bidding:
$29 on Franklin Morales
$9 on Jose Mijares
$5 on Rafael Betancourt
$5 on Sergio Romo
$1 on Jason Motte

Saito is still on my team and Mijares, Betancourt, Romo and Motte are still FA's.

List 3 was dropping M Diaz and bidding:
$29 on Luis Castillo

These lists my not be a perfect match to my actual bid lists, but its the best I could do off of the top of my head.

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 9:17 am 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: 5x5 Mixed Roto Auction
Hey guys, could someone help me with a rule? If 2 owners put in the bid for the same player this week when there are no standings, what is the tie breaker to determine who gets the player? FAAB was run in my league and I seem to recall reading somewhere that in this scenario the owner with the lowest draft position got the player. Anyone know for sure?

Also, is there a place you can see what all the bids were? Thanks.

Jim was teeing off from the back tees. On his down-swing, he realized that his wife was about to tee off from the red tees, directly in his path. Unable to stop his swing, he hit Sue directly in the temple, killing her instantly.
A few days later Jim received a call from the coroner concerning her autopsy. "Jim, Sue seems to have died from blunt force trauma to the head. Is it correct you hit a golf ball and struck her in the temple."
Jim replied, "that's correct."
"I also found a large bruise on her right hip. Do you know anything about that?"
"Yes sir," Jim said, "that was my mulligan."

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 9:23 am 
Hall of Famer

Last year you could not see all the bids. With STATS, you only could see the amount of the losing bid without even knowing who submitted it.

I have no idea what the plan is this season.

And yes, the tiebreaker is lower draft position, but apparently that was also not properly run by their system as talked about on the NFBC forums.

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 9:56 am 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: 5x5 Mixed Roto Auction
Thanks Todd. I'm 99.99% sure I put in a $5 bid for Alex Avila but another team got him for $5 and I drafted from the 15 hole. Are they going to go back and fix them or should I contact them?

Jim was teeing off from the back tees. On his down-swing, he realized that his wife was about to tee off from the red tees, directly in his path. Unable to stop his swing, he hit Sue directly in the temple, killing her instantly.
A few days later Jim received a call from the coroner concerning her autopsy. "Jim, Sue seems to have died from blunt force trauma to the head. Is it correct you hit a golf ball and struck her in the temple."
Jim replied, "that's correct."
"I also found a large bruise on her right hip. Do you know anything about that?"
"Yes sir," Jim said, "that was my mulligan."

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 9:58 am 
Hall of Famer

There is a note on the board that requests that everyone contact Greg -- but I suspect he is going to regret asking for that....

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:07 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Well - I won Venable with a lower bid than you I guess Dave.

It doesn't look like my secondary bids were processed. I had a $2-3 bid on Jason Motte as a conditional behind Morales.

Behind Venable I had about 6-7 guys.

I had bids on Carmona and Garcia that I lost - but should have had a long list behind them - I forget who know.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:10 am 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: Auction Only Leagues. 4x4,5x5
With so many others standing up to be heard, I am just watching the NFBC boards from the Sidelines. I think they now get the message that the whole thing was just run awfully last night. I didnt need to pile on.

We have been locked out from our rosters for a couple hours now. I cant even sign in. The message board is being bombarded and it is slowing down loading times.....

Our lineups all have holes and we need to adjust them but it appears their will be no solution that will make everyone happy.

If they can simply run the 2nd, 3rd strings of bids properly this AM, it would solve 96% of all FAAB issues. At this point I will keep reading and wait until a final answer. I will hold the whole NFBC team accountable for the sloppiness, but I also feel the pain for those guys right now. It is hard enough to find solutions to satisfy 15 owners in a single league when t hings go wrong... Now try the same thing with 500 people..Ouch..

But at this point, it falls squarely on there shoulders as this really could have been avoided I think with some better planning and earlier testing...

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 10:11 am 
Hall of Famer

The update there now is Greg now realizes what a clusterf*ck it is and he and his team are discussing a solution.

Apparently, all bids are saved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next