A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently September 24th, 2017, 5:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Post FAAB reactions
PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 7:23 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Feel free to jump in here after FAAB gets processed to talk about who you got and how it went.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

Post subject: Re: Post FAAB reactions
PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 9:37 pm 
Major Leaguer

I am thinking I bid too much on F Morales, we will see soon enough.

----------------
SinCitySaints

PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 9:39 pm 
Major League Veteran

well I guess I didn't get Morales then :mrgreen:

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 10:11 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
Well, I bid on three different 3B. I did a 20, 19 & 18. Needed to replace Gordon until he is back. With three closers in tow, I could save my FAAB money for other positions. I guess I'll see if I got one tomorrow. I suspect the Fan ball PC has been overwhelmed by everything tonight. Greg was a whole lot happier at 8pm after FAAB was closed than he is now at 11:10pm whne FAAB hasn't been processed.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 10:31 pm 
Major League Veteran

Yep, agree with you Mike as Greg hasn't said anything in a while, not a good sign. I was going to start a post to see if it's worth waiting tonight, but decided mid-post I would just wait until tomorrow morning.

I hope it's ready by 9AM because I'm going to the train for Opening Day at Citi Field and have lineup changes to make.

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: April 4th, 2010, 10:38 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Yeah - I've been checking all night and it's not up yet - I'm sure Greg's gone through two cases of Corona.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 5:52 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: NFBC DC plus two 2-category weekly MLB leagues
This was not a good evening for Greg. I read some of the posts and things are not pretty. I even added a bit of gas to the fire because a March 31st league of mine had FAAB processed even though the rules state the first FAAB will be April 11. I had the confirm the rule this morning and it is still there.

Today will be ugly.

When i got up, I checked out the Rookie league first and I won my player. It was the proper player and for the right amount. I thought "good". I then saw my other league had FAAB processed and that was wrong. I then went to the message boards and said something that should not be repeated. As I said, today will be ugly.

Mike Ladd
Vienna Vipers

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 6:30 am 
Hall of Famer

The FAAB results for the Rookie Invitational are not correct. :shock:

As of right now, I did 'win' Luis Castillo, so that may or may not be right. Just looking quickly there are still 2 pitchers available as free agents that I had bids on to replace 2 different pitchers on my team. The 2 pitchers are still on my team and the desired replacements for each are still available.

Off to email Greg.

Anyone else notice any errors????

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 6:31 am 
Major League Veteran

Viper, I have been reading the boards and it was mentioned a few times by Greg that since the draft software is fanball and loaded automatically after every draft was finished, that all leagues would have FAAB week 1. I'm not sure why the rules weren't changed, but it definitely should have been communicated to all drafters after March 29th.

As far as FAAB goes, I got my guy in Double Play and that was all I was concerned with for week 1. As far as this league is concerned, I wasn't starting any of my free agent bids unless I got Morales, which I was pretty sure I wouldn't with the bid I placed. I got no one, but since they were 4 guys with good springs, it's possible I lost all 4 and this league went fine for me too.

I didn't read the 5-6 pages of comments after midnight (ET) on the NFBC boards, but to me the satellite leagues and 1st weekend main event folks have the most to gripe about here. There shouldn't be a lot of changes (at least starting lineup wise) needed to the 2nd weekend teams unless there was some bad luck involved, like I had with Joe Blanton.

Well, my teams are fine and I'm sure I'm in the small minority. I'm going to get ready to enjoy Opening Day at Citi Field. Hopefully by gametime, Greg and the NFBC crew will get to do the same.

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: April 5th, 2010, 6:48 am 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: Auction Only Leagues. 4x4,5x5
Yep,

Its going to be a long day in ST Louis...

My FAAB is wrong.

I had 3 strings. It appears the only string that processed was the first draft order. Strings 2, 3 did not process as I can see one owner that won a player at less than I bid in string 2. He was my first player in the string at the highest amount. The conditional player was not even picked up after my primary player was awarded to another owner.

My 3rd sting didnt run either. I had players in that string that were not even awarded to anyone.

So it appears my first string with Mike Leake at the top won, every other string was not run.

Every lineup has holes now and onwers need to be able to replace players...Mine is Pitching. With Rzcepinski on the DL, I needed to replace Brandon league in my rotation with an SP. I did win Mike Leake, but I also had separate bids on another string of pitchers searching for more SP help...

I hope they get it right..

PS: I didnt even bid on franklin Morales...I knew I wouldnt own him because someone would outbid. I focused on SPs and had some conditional bids on Manny Corpas as the play if I didnt get any SPs..

I did however bid on Fausto, and Jaime Garcia in 2 strings... I was amazed at the prices they went for though...