NFBC upcoming Live drafts

The NFBC Rookie Invitational sponsored by Mastersball and the National Fantasy Baseball Championship is a special league of rookie NFBC participants under the guidance and tutelage of some NFBC veterans and the staff of Mastersball.

Moderators: Mastersball Staff, NFBC Rookie Invitational Moderators

deansdaddy
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style

Re: NFBC upcoming Live drafts

#11 Post by deansdaddy » March 24th, 2010, 11:05 pm

I am confirmed for Saturday - won't be around on Sunday though - I have jumped into the $500 Double Play. Someone dropped out today. Tom posted it at like 3:43 and I think I checked the boards at 3:45. I really wanted to do a Live Draft this year and since I was already going to be at Citi Field so my wife was powerless to deny me my fix :lol: The funny thing was she told me I could do it last week on my Birthday - but the Saturday spots were all filled.
Ryan Carey
Central Park Muggers

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

mbendar
Major League Veteran

#12 Post by mbendar » March 28th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Hey Guys,
Know our league is the 15-teamer, but excited about my 12 team Double Play this afternoon and would welcome any comments:

Pick 3

C - RMartin (R11)
C - BMolina (R15)
1B - DLee (R7)
2B - Zobrist (R4)
SS - AlRamirez (R9)
3B - ArRamirez (R5)
CI - GJones (R18)
MI - SDrew (R12)
OF - Braun (R1)
OF - Ellsbury (R3)
OF - Pierre (R13)
OF - Blanks (R16)
OF - Francouer (R20)
OF/U - JRivera (R21)
Bench - Kouzmanoff (23), KJohnson (24), JDrew (26), Kennedy (30)

P - RHalladay (R2)
P - JSantana (R6)
P - Garza (R10)
P - Floyd (R17)
P - Wolf (R19)
P - Blanton (R22)
P - Maine (R25)
RP - KRod (R8)
RP - Francisco (R14)

Bench - Lyon (27), Romero (28), JGarcia (29)

Thanks,
Mark
Strike Force

deansdaddy
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style

#13 Post by deansdaddy » March 30th, 2010, 10:53 pm

That's a solid effort Mark - I'm not a big fan of have two rabbits on the same team - and I think I might have passed by Pierre with Ellsbury already rostered - but otherwise I like the squad. I'd but Kennedy squarely on the chopping block and look for anyone else on the wire that might interest you.
Ryan Carey
Central Park Muggers

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

mbendar
Major League Veteran

#14 Post by mbendar » March 31st, 2010, 12:07 pm

Ryan,
Thanks for the feedback. With Pierre, I just thought 13th was too late to let him slip any further - both the Ellsbury and Pierre picks forced me to change gears throughout the draft to ensure a balanced squad. As evidenced in our satellite, I often disregard speed and didn't want to make that mistake with overall points on the line as well as league. Every pick after Pierre was focused on power, so I'm hoping my power is good enough to be middle of the pack/upper half and that my speed, runs, and BA will hold my offensive points up.

On Kennedy, agree with you as he will be my 1st drop for FAAB. I wanted an infielder, preferably with multiple positions on my bench, but will look to replace with a more powerful bat.

Thanks,
Mark
Strike Force

Sergio
Major Leaguer

#15 Post by Sergio » March 31st, 2010, 7:30 pm

mbendar wrote:Hey Guys,
Know our league is the 15-teamer, but excited about my 12 team Double Play this afternoon and would welcome any comments:

Pick 3

C - RMartin (R11)
C - BMolina (R15)
1B - DLee (R7)
2B - Zobrist (R4)
SS - AlRamirez (R9)
3B - ArRamirez (R5)
CI - GJones (R18)
MI - SDrew (R12)
OF - Braun (R1)
OF - Ellsbury (R3)
OF - Pierre (R13)
OF - Blanks (R16)
OF - Francouer (R20)
OF/U - JRivera (R21)
Bench - Kouzmanoff (23), KJohnson (24), JDrew (26), Kennedy (30)

P - RHalladay (R2)
P - JSantana (R6)
P - Garza (R10)
P - Floyd (R17)
P - Wolf (R19)
P - Blanton (R22)
P - Maine (R25)
RP - KRod (R8)
RP - Francisco (R14)

Bench - Lyon (27), Romero (28), JGarcia (29)

Thanks,
Mark
Strike Force
Hey Mark, don't have much to offer as far as insight on how your team will do, but can compare to my Live DP from 10 days ago and can find a couple interesting tidbits.
I got two the same, D Lee who I also got in rd 7 and B Molina who I also got in rd 15 :lol: . I picked 12th went Crawford, D Wright, then King Felix and Haren.
In our draft
Lyon went rd 19, Maine DID NOT get picked, Frenchy went rd 29 :shock: Blanks went rd 24. Peirre went first pick of rd 10 :D
Thats the ones really different. When/where did you draft?
Troy Pearson
----------------
Rookie
----------------
SinCitySaints

mbendar
Major League Veteran

#16 Post by mbendar » March 31st, 2010, 8:23 pm

Troy,
I drafted Sunday at 1pm at Citi Field. It was really cool, as my draft chair was right in front of the stadium, I stood up and there was a perfect view of the field.

I definitely reached on Blanks and Francoeur to get some power to offset Pierre. 24th seems late for Blanks, and Francoeur seems a little late, but not much.

Time will tell. The weather is starting to warm up today and that means baseball is close. Almost time to play ball!

Mark
Strike Force