A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently September 19th, 2017, 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: NFBC upcoming Live drafts
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 10:46 am 
Major Leaguer

Hello all
I talked via email with one owner, can't remember which, but he said he was doing a live draft soon. I will be in AC this weekend doing a live double-play draft and was wondering if anyone else has a live draft on their upcoming schedule. If so perhaps a face to face for a brew or two could be arranged.
Again I will be in Atlantic City for a Saturday March 20th 7pm NFBC Live Double-Play, anyone else??

----------------
SinCitySaints

Post subject: Re: NFBC upcoming Live drafts
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 10:51 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
I know Ken Magner will be drafting a bunch of teams in AC and again in Vegas. Also - I think I saw that Mark Bendar has a Double play team as well. Feel free to ask any questions - we'll try to help get you ready. I will say this - after drafting a 15 team draft - make sure you re adjust your thinking back to 12 teams. It's different and can/should be approached differently depending on the team you want to assemble.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 12:06 pm 
Major League Veteran

Yes, I have a Double Play also (Citi Field though the 2nd weekend, not AC).

One cool thing (at least IMO) I signed up for is to be a faciliator for the Main Event at Citi Field that Saturday. I figured that someone that knows the players will hopefully be welcome by the field and it gives me a chance to see a Main Event live and in person at the draft table.

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 12:43 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Mark - I may be working the Main at Citi as well - so if I do I'll look you up.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 10:19 pm 
Major League Veteran

Ryan,
That would be cool. I'm planning to get there pretty early to ensure that traffic from NJ to NY isn't an issue (especially if the improving weather holds up).

On the draft front, Tom posted double plays and I got the 3rd pick. I'm pretty happy to start my team off with Braun, who will be my pick barring some injury or him going #2 (saw that on the NFBC of someone's team). Like his upside over ARod and even if it doesn't come, he's as consistent as they come over his 1st 3 years. With a 12 team format, I'm hoping Zimmerman lasts to the 3rd (not unreasonable at #27 overall).

For Troy/other 1st timers of Double Play, Greg sent me a sample league and the key differences in stats appears to be in the pitching, as K's and SV's were much higher across the board (think 1400+K's and close to 95-99 svs were the 1st-3rd ranges). Makes sense with 90 less picks, but still a little surprising. Although I didn't get last year 12 team ADP, I would be curious whether top pitching goes earlier to get an edge (with all of the average/better talent available at the end that isn't there in a 15 teamer).

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 5:55 pm 
Major Leaguer

Hey Mark
Just got back to NC from AC. Will review and get back to this tread Monday. Just too tired. I do know we picked 12th and went Crawford-Wright then came back with Felix and Haren. Also with so much MLB uncertainty with closers I think its a hard thing to anaylize, closers that is.
FYI.....AC was pretty fun this weekend, with the low 70's and clear weather and a sweet spot 29 floors up at Atlantic Palace I have no complaints. Tom did an excellent job with things. Our draft was 3hrs 18 minutes long with Joe Nathan being Mr.Irrelivant, who'd have thought that a month ago.

----------------
SinCitySaints

PostPosted: March 21st, 2010, 10:03 pm 
Major League Veteran

Troy,
Looks like your 1st 4 picks were a strong start. Hope you were able to obtain some power to complement your speed from Crawford and Wright. The King and Haren is a great 1/2 punch.

Mark
Strike Force

PostPosted: March 22nd, 2010, 3:34 pm 
Major Leaguer

Power was an ongoing issue during the draft for me. Had to pick a couple guys based on that issue. #6 and 7 D Lee and Uggla, #9 J Bruce, #17 pick Hawpe he was pick #185 overall w/ADP of 110, nice grab I hope. Thinking during FAAB Home Runs may be the most likely catergorie to try and find help, thoughts on that?
Have more speed with lower picks #11 Bourne, #23 C Gomez.
One draft note, did not know G Lowery, Mark Gekko Failla, Mike Edelman among others were who they are (positive previous results) till afterwards, really didn't care or thought it mattered, you think that was an error?

----------------
SinCitySaints

PostPosted: March 24th, 2010, 2:26 pm 
Major League Elite

Preferred Style: Auction Only Leagues. 4x4,5x5
deansdaddy wrote:
Mark - I may be working the Main at Citi as well - so if I do I'll look you up.

You still Working Citi? I confirmed with Tom K last night on the Sunday 1Pm help he needed at one of the drafts.....

PostPosted: March 24th, 2010, 10:45 pm 
Major League Veteran

Yes, I'm still working the Sat main as a facilitator. Planning on getting there closer to 11am than noon, so look me up when you get there.

Ryan mentioned he might be working it as well, so could be a trio from our league as faciliators.

Mark
Strike Force