Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 25th, 2017, 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Post your teams
PostPosted: March 16th, 2010, 10:58 pm 
Major League Regular

NickPass wrote:
I appreciate the feedback Brian. Is it safe to assume that the name Oakchunas is Lithuanian? My mother's maiden name is Balchunas, so my guess is that you are as well. As Ryan knows, playing in a league with BA is foreign to me. The league I've been in for years always uses .OBP (guys like Adam Dunn and Swisher get a nice bump because of it). We'll see what happens once we get underway.

Actually, I'm a Yankees fan. The Teagarden/Salty picks weren't intentional. I picked Salty as a 2nd C, then read afterwards that he might still not be healthy from offseason surgery (hence Teagarden shortly afterwards). As for Feldman, a guy with 17 wins is tough to pass on that late in the draft.

I disagree on Latos. The Pads are going to be brutal and they'll need to give their fans any reason to show up to the ballpark. He'll be one of them. Still, I can see him being a matchups guy initially and going Wells/Feldman/Norris to round out the rotation.

Hey, a fellow Lithuanian! Let's finish in the top two! Lithuanian pride! :) Actually, I never knew anyone with such a similar last name to mine. Good times.

I actually agree that Latos WILL BE the guy. It's just that it's still an unknown at this point. I don't like unknowns.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 8:19 am 
Major Leaguer

bjoak wrote:
NickPass wrote:
I appreciate the feedback Brian. Is it safe to assume that the name Oakchunas is Lithuanian? My mother's maiden name is Balchunas, so my guess is that you are as well. As Ryan knows, playing in a league with BA is foreign to me. The league I've been in for years always uses .OBP (guys like Adam Dunn and Swisher get a nice bump because of it). We'll see what happens once we get underway.

Actually, I'm a Yankees fan. The Teagarden/Salty picks weren't intentional. I picked Salty as a 2nd C, then read afterwards that he might still not be healthy from offseason surgery (hence Teagarden shortly afterwards). As for Feldman, a guy with 17 wins is tough to pass on that late in the draft.

I disagree on Latos. The Pads are going to be brutal and they'll need to give their fans any reason to show up to the ballpark. He'll be one of them. Still, I can see him being a matchups guy initially and going Wells/Feldman/Norris to round out the rotation.

Hey, a fellow Lithuanian! Let's finish in the top two! Lithuanian pride! :) Actually, I never knew anyone with such a similar last name to mine. Good times.

I actually agree that Latos WILL BE the guy. It's just that it's still an unknown at this point. I don't like unknowns.

75/25 split (Italian/Lithuanian). I remember when the Lithuanian Olympic Basketball team had their jerseys created and donated by the Grateful Dead during the '88 Summer Olympics. It gave the country some national press here in the States.

Latos is an unknown indeed. Ryan and I are suckers for prospects- we always have been.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 10:43 am 
Hall of Famer

AllstonRockCity wrote:
The Island Candidates:

C: AJ Pierzynski
C: Shoppach
1B: Morales
3B: Pablo
CI: Kouz
2B: Weeks
SS: Hanley
MI: Kelly Johnson
OF: C Lee
OF: McLouth
OF: Span
OF: C Young
OF: Ankiel
U: Schierholtz
--------------
Matt Diaz, Ryan Sweeney, Cliff Pennington, Andy LaRoche
----------------
P: Hamels
P: shields
P: Baker
P: Correia
P: Piniero
P: Maholm
P: Mike Adams
P: Capps
P: Fuentes
--------------
Kyle Lohse, Derek Holland, Takashi Saito

Using the above active/bench configuration and the 3-11 numbers from good old MB, this team is PROJECTED to accumulate the following stats:
ACTIVE:
AVG .2772 HR 284 SB 146 RBI 1054 R 1110
RESERVE:
AVG .2679 HR 35 SB 38 RBI 209 R 242

ACTIVE:
W 81 SV 76 K 1048 ERA 4.000 WHIP 1.278
RESERVE:
W 25 SV 3 K 301 ERA 4.39 WHIP 1.389

-can't believe my active lineup is projected to hit .277. with the Frost Heaves hogging all the AVG, it should take less than the commonly quoted .280 to finish in the top 3rd for AVG. This is true for all teams not named the Frost Heaves and makes me feel much better about my AVG.

-looks like i'm a little light on SB. i knew this already, c'mon Pennington

-power&production look good

-the pitching #'s are for 6 starters and 3 relievers. it'll break down to more like 6.5/2.5 during the actual season. puts me at about 90W and 1100ish K's. a little light on both. i'll need to manage this carefully, as will most teams. this also means the ratios take a slight hit, but they look real good on paper and hopefully I can afford the hit.

-could use more Saves, but that's a crap shoot for most teams. If Bell gets traded and my guys stay healthy & productive, I'm all set there. Of course every team can say this right now.

I know these numbers mean nothing come 4/4/10. But right now they are all I have and provide a nice source of entertainment for me.

thoughts??

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: March 17th, 2010, 10:49 am 
Major League Regular

Quote:
I know these numbers mean nothing come 4/4/10. But right now they are all I have and provide a nice source of entertainment for me.

I wouldn't say they mean nothing. It is a good way to keep track of your strengths and weaknesses. Something it is important to do now and throughout the season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6