Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/creative/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/creative/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/creative/public_html/forum/includes/functions_content.php on line 661

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/creative/public_html/forum/includes/functions_content.php on line 661

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/creative/public_html/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3729: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3731: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3732: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3733: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Mastersball Fantasy Forum • View topic - WEEKLY SUBSCRIBERS LEAGUE FAAB REPORT

Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WEEKLY SUBSCRIBERS LEAGUE FAAB REPORT
PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 10:53 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Here are the results for the first week of FAAB for the Subscribers league - we will update this every week.

The big news was closers this week - as they went for the big bucks. Having drafted both Ryan Madson AND Andrew Bailey - yours truly had to come away with Marshall at the very least. Luckily my $275 bid was enough to get the job done.

Steve B spent more money than I have ever see spent in Week 1 - over $900 of his $1000 budget.

Hector Santiago for $19 to Nate may have been the bargain of the week - and I for one overlooked him. He could take the White Sox job and run with it.

Team Ryan: pur SMarshall Cin 275
Team Ryan: pur KLohse StL 7
Saints of Circumstance: rel JParker Oak, prr HNoesi Sea 19
Team Whipsaw: rel ACasilla Min, pur RTejada NYM 22
Pentavarit: prr HRodriguez Was 31
Pentavarit: prr CCapuano LAD 3
Team Steve B: dis ESurkamp SF, pur AAceves Bos 306
Team Steve B: rel LChisenhall Cle, pur CFiggins Sea 201
Team Steve B: rel LMartin Tex, pur TPastornicky Atl 201
Team Southpaw: pur WVenable SD 27
Team Black Sox: pur MHarrison Tex 50
Team Black Sox: pur JNiemann TB 40
Team Black Sox: pur MMoreland Tex 40
Team Black Sox: rel CIannetta LAA, pur DMurphy Tex 40
Team Ryan: pur TBauer Ari 3
Team Steve B: dis THudson Atl, pur BLidge Was 205
Team Southpaw: pur JPeralta TB 88
Team Ryan: dis TStauffer SD, pur JArrieta Bal 3
Team Ryan: pur DDuffy KC 2
Saints of Circumstance: pur HSantiago CWS 19
Team Steve B: mov CFiggins Sea UT

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

Post subject: Re: FAAB REPORT
PostPosted: April 9th, 2012, 6:56 pm 
Major League All-Star

Yeah i decide to go for broke...I had SS Hardy and 3B Rodriquez....I like both but both have some injury concern. Hardy also has potential slump issues. SO i wanted to make sure i was covered with solid fill ins. In addition i already had Seager as my 3B and figured with Figgins off to a nice start it locks down Seattle 3B and might even net me 2 starters if everything pans out .

My other area of weakness i felt was with saves...I went a little overboard there but think i will come out of this in a month or so with a nice little lump of saves and at which point i will have a much better feel for Billingsley/Cahill. There is 10-15 more players on my watch list and plus a few minors. I am not ready to give up a valuable slot to park someone as i think my bench at this point is decent.

So in short I don't see a whole lot of big interest players coming up through the season that i couldn't have an early shot at by being diligent. So almost 80, 1.00 moves is not too bad.

With this league being a lot less stringent than NFBC rules i am confident in my ability to find a deep bench player if needed. So (knock on wood) without anymore long term injuries I am liking my team a lot better now.

We will see if it was worth it

Steve

PostPosted: April 10th, 2012, 8:46 am 
Hall of Famer

deansdaddy wrote:
Hector Santiago for $19 to Nate may have been the bargain of the week - and I for one overlooked him. He could take the White Sox job and run with it.

Proof that even the blind squirrel can find the nut sometimes

If our FAAB ran on Sun instead of Sat, there's no way I would have landed him and his price would have been at least 15 times greater than my $19. Timing is everything in life

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

PostPosted: April 11th, 2012, 8:53 am 
Major League Regular

Was happy to make a minor purchase of Ruben Tejada. He'll be a nice fill in at 2b/MI in case of injuries. I think he has some really strong skills, and any kid that can put up a full season of .350+ OBP at his age last year catches my attention. The Mets are starting to notice that too, putting him at the top of the lineup this week. I should have drafted him instead of Casilla.

PostPosted: April 11th, 2012, 10:33 am 
Hall of Famer

I have an insane 6 guys on the DL to start the year. So I was pretty happy to be able to roster fill in starters Lohse, Duffy and Arrieta.

Lohse and Duffy both turned in superb winning performances yesterday - so sometimes you get these things right. Of course both have double starts - so they either build on this - or give it all back in their next start. Still - this is a good example of why we allow DL moves for this league.

PostPosted: April 13th, 2012, 1:30 pm 
Major League All-Star

Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix
I'm upset I didn't up my bid to $300 on Marshall which I almost did on Saturday. Santiago was a wiff on my part. I wanted to roster a few more SP that I can stream in/out so getting Neimann & Harrison were key. Happy to get Murphy while he's hitting. Still have to play around with my staff since it's weaker than most, but I like my team overall.

Post subject: Re: FAAB REPORT - April 15
PostPosted: April 15th, 2012, 10:38 am 
Hall of Famer

Here are the FAAB Adds/Drops for the week ending April 15th.

Shoguns Of Harlem: rel MGamel Mil, pur JBourgeois KC 41
Shoguns Of Harlem: rel BMatusz Bal, pur PHumber CWS 23
Shoguns Of Harlem: rel MMelancon Bos, pur DPhelps NYY 7
Team Southpaw: rel BFuentes Oak, pur JSamardzija ChC 38
Team Bendar: rel AReed CWS, pur FRodney TB 201
Team Black Sox: rel FSalas StL, pur SCasilla SF 325
Team Black Sox: rel MMinor Atl, pur LLynn StL 60
Pentavarit: rel SBurnett Was, pur BAnderson Oak 3
Pentavarit: rel ACrow KC, pur DLowe Cle 63
Pentavarit: prr ALaRoche Was 88
Team Rotonut: rel JCrain CWS, pur RDickey NYM 51
Team Ryan: rel RRaburn Det, pur RFurcal StL 33

Some more BIG bids out there on closers. I went big on Casilla - but it wasn't big enough. I didn't go as big on Rodney, mainly cause I'm not a fan - but he will get some saves for the forseeable future.

I got outbid on Laroche and would have like dto add him to my lineup - oh well.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2012, 12:34 pm 
Major League All-Star

Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix
Hopefully Casilla makes up for losing Marshall last week. My strategy going in was to win saves so I need a replacement still for Soria and also to replace Myers when I lose him. Happy to grab Lynn St. L is amazing with creating usefull pitchers.

Still have to say this is the carziest year I've ever seen with the amount of closer injuries. I think normal turnover is around 20% each year. What's going on now is just nuts :roll:

PostPosted: April 22nd, 2012, 10:04 pm 
Hall of Famer

Shoguns Of Harlem: rel BNorris Hou, prr KNieuwenhuis NYM 23
Team Ryan: prr JPierre Phi 45
Team Ryan: rel JArrieta Bal, pur JRauch NYM 35
Team Mickey: prr MGamel Mil 150
Pentavarit: pur JHammel Bal 47
Team Black Sox: rel PHughes NYY, pur ABurnett Pit 20
Team Southpaw: rel JPeralta TB, pur MMinor Atl 158
Team Southpaw: rel FCordero Tor, prr JCruz Pit 38
Team Southpaw: rel WVenable SD, pur GParra Ari 43
Shoguns Of Harlem: pur THafner Cle 11
Shoguns Of Harlem: rel ACashner SD, prr DGee NYM 23
Team Ryan: pur AReed CWS 5
Team Ryan: rel JJurrjens Atl, pur INova NYY 22
Saints of Circumstance: rel CCowgill Oak, prr CRoss Bos 14
Team Steve B: dis CYoung Ari, pur MCarpenter StL 2

Some of last weeks drops were this weeks biggest buys. Mat Gamel and Mike Minor both went for 150 or so.

I jumped on Juan Pierre to address a speed need. I also made speculative moves on Rauch and Reed. We are allowing DL moves in this league. Jason Perkins will not be very happy to have dropped Cordero and I expect he will be bid up necxt week, expecially if Santos gets bads news from Dr. Yocum.

Post subject: Re: WEEKLY SUBSCRIBERS LEAGUE FAAB REPORT
PostPosted: April 23rd, 2012, 1:55 pm 
Major League All-Star

Timing is everything, isn't it?
Not 12 hours from completing a Cordero drop, I see the news that Santos has landed on the DL. Bummer. I'm sorely lacking in saves too, so this is doubly bad news for me.
I did go pretty big on Minor. I needed/wanted another solid starter and from what I've seen of Minor, he's poised for a breakout in 2012. I know I overbid for him but I really wanted him.
I picked up Parra for a now vacant OF spot as I like him more than who I dropped for him - Venable. Naturally he goes off in Sunday's game which doesn't count for me. So timing has hit me twice now.
My big Cordero drop for Cruz was just an "in case" pickup since I own Hanrahan. It looks like he's fine but I wanted to have his handcuff in case. Bad part was I dropped my other handcuff for him. :oops: