Mark takes last year's playoff hero - David Freese 3B STL
Ryan Carey
Central Park Muggers

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

AllstonRockCity
Hall of Famer

Re: ROUND 18.7 Dan Bard SP BOS

#12 Post by AllstonRockCity » March 14th, 2012, 1:56 pm

I don't think Boston has made an official statement saying that he's in the rotation, yet. But I know that he is.

Will his ratios take a hit transitioning from reliever to starter? sure, but I don't think it'll be that dramatic. I don't think the IP will be an issue as I am of the mind that relieving (frequently used relievers anyway) is actually more taxing on a pitchers arm than starting. He's already prepared himself mentally and physically to throw 200 innings.

I see Darvish, Sale and Bard as 3 pitchers that are going to make a lot of people's staffs this year. All 3 can be drafted as your SP3-4 (at the earliest) and could return the kind of #'s we think of from high end #2's.
5x5 AL Only: AllstonRockCity

"To know" is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. - Confucius

It goes to show you don't ever know. Watch each card you play and play it slow - Garcia/Hunter

Pentavarit
Major League Regular
Preferred Style: mod...no, rocker...wait, mod for sure...what was I thinking, rocker all the way...wait...

Re: Round 18, Pick 8 Jhoulys Chacin SP COL

#13 Post by Pentavarit » March 14th, 2012, 2:11 pm

I seem to be picking this kid a lot. If he could just calm down a bit and tame the wildness (where do I keep hearing this?). His walks went koo-koo (that's technical term) last year and his K rate dropped. He's 24, he's gonna correct, whiff 175 and break out!! (why do all these pick analyses sound like you're selling yourself on a pick?! because you are...) I'll take that at #4.

SteveB
Major League All-Star

Re: ROUND 18 Russell Martin, C, NYY

#14 Post by SteveB » March 14th, 2012, 2:57 pm

Making sure to boister my offense as much as possible so I decided to grab my second C prior to most teams taking thier second. SO i will take Russell Martin double digits in homers and bags...hope he can boost the average a bit

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: ROUND 18.10 S.Baker SP Min

#15 Post by Black Sox » March 14th, 2012, 3:19 pm

I'll take my chances with Baker. File him under the do no harm of SP variety. Still K's around 150 each season with a decent ERA & Whip.
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

whipsaw
Major League Regular

Re: ROUND 18.11 Jeff Francoeur, OF KC

#16 Post by whipsaw » March 14th, 2012, 3:39 pm

He's fallen too far and I need an early season replacement for Howard. He should provide a little bit of everything without hurting too much, and hits in a pretty good and improved lineup this year. I'm not a fan earlier in the draft but in the 18th round, I think he's a bargain. I'll figure out how to get him in the lineup every week somehow.

Trav The Ump
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL Only. Rotisserie Auction. Thats it, thats all.

Re: ROUND 18 Pick 209 Colby Rasmus TOR OF

#17 Post by Trav The Ump » March 14th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Four of the guys I had queued for this round went. Sale, Francouer, Martin and Bard. I like Rasmus in T Dot and think with a whole year and no worrying about the trade he could be a great 5th OFer for me.
5x5 11 Team AL Only - Rotisserie 18th year of the league
C - Wilson TEX $10, Casali TB $10
1B - Hosmer KC $20, Davis BAL $12
3B - Castellanos DET $5
2B - Lowrie OAK $10
SS - Semien OAK $5, Bogaerts BOS $10
DH - V. Martinez DET $20
OF - Trout LAA $60, Betts BOS $15, Pillar TOR $10, Dickerson TB $25, Kim BAL $10
P - Kluber CLE $12, Price BOS $39, Smyly TB $8, Rodriguez BOS $11, Andriese TB $10, Fister HOU $10, Shields CHW $17, Dyson TEX $4, Madson OAK $1

IR - Soto LAA $1
Minors -