ROUND 16

A forum for the 2012 forum draft featuring Mastersball staff and subscribers

Moderator: Mastersball Staff

Black Sox
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 Mix

Re: ROUND 16

#21 Post by Black Sox » March 13th, 2012, 8:00 pm

deansdaddy wrote:Okay - It's my birthday today so I've been busy with kids, dinner, cake etc - and now I am going out for a couple pops.
Um that's not ok. Were doing a draft here, all personal lives must be set aside until this is finished. I need my Google Doc's updated ASAP!!!

Happy Birthday Ryan :D
Boston Black Sox
Steve Le Blanc

mbendar
Major League Veteran

#22 Post by mbendar » March 13th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Some analysis of my last 2 picks that has been lacking:

JJ Putz - I had no intention of starting a closer run, just thought he was the best available on my board. He came at a pretty good discount based on 2011 numbers, and to be honest, needed to take him as my pick as he hasn't had 2 healthy seasons in a row for a while. At this point in the draft, thought the upside of a 2011 repeat was worth the risk of an injury.

Justin Morneau - The concussions will likely be an issue at some point during the season, but he only needs a solid avg with 20-80 to be a decent pick. If he avoids the concussion symptoms and is anything close to his former self, a great pick here. In a 12 team format, much more willing to gamble on a recovery as the replacements for another injury plagued year are better.

Trav The Ump
Major League Elite
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL Only. Rotisserie Auction. Thats it, thats all.

Re: ROUND 16 Shaun Marcum P MIL

#23 Post by Trav The Ump » March 13th, 2012, 9:04 pm

I need some more starters and I know what I am getting here. Nothing that exciting but high floor.
5x5 11 Team AL Only - Rotisserie 18th year of the league
C - Wilson TEX $10, Casali TB $10
1B - Hosmer KC $20, Davis BAL $12
3B - Castellanos DET $5
2B - Lowrie OAK $10
SS - Semien OAK $5, Bogaerts BOS $10
DH - V. Martinez DET $20
OF - Trout LAA $60, Betts BOS $15, Pillar TOR $10, Dickerson TB $25, Kim BAL $10
P - Kluber CLE $12, Price BOS $39, Smyly TB $8, Rodriguez BOS $11, Andriese TB $10, Fister HOU $10, Shields CHW $17, Dyson TEX $4, Madson OAK $1

IR - Soto LAA $1
Minors -

SteveB
Major League All-Star

#24 Post by SteveB » March 13th, 2012, 10:27 pm

deansdaddy wrote:
grant wrote:
deansdaddy wrote:Okay - It's my birthday today so I've been busy with kids, dinner, cake etc - and now I am going out for a couple pops.
Happy B-Day, buddy.
Thanks - At this point in my life (45 :shock: ) birthdays have really become about how much my kids enjoy celebrating the occasion. Everyone else can forgo further Happy B-days - I will just pretend you all have sent them my way as I down a few Jack and Cokes tonight. See you guys later!
yeah got a couple on me ...not many....For me its about how much yard work i can get out of my kids because its the only day of the year they "owe me"

:)