CBS FAAB Report

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

CBS FAAB Report

#1 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Does anyone know if CBS has an option where the entire FAAB report is listed? I want to be able to see everyone who bid on a player, not just who won the player?

Follow up question, if the answer above is unknown. Is there a way that league history (league messages, player salaries, historical standings, records, etc) can be transferred from a site like CBS to a Fantrax (or other site)? And do other sites produce a comprehensive FAAB report (all bids, not just who won).

Thanks!
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CBS FAAB Report

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'll ask Tim from Fantrax to answer the transfer question - but yes, Fantrax, as well as OnRoto shows all bids.

When I used to run leagues on CBS, the only way I could capture all the bids was before processing, I'd copy and paste everything into a league-side e-mail. Just one of the many reasons those leagues are now on Fantrax.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

It's not unknown, Kelly. They do not provide a list of all bids, not even to the commissioners. I inquire every year, get the same answer. And I know you didn't ask, but, unless your are the league commissioner, that's info you should not be privy to.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 3:53 pm unless your are the league commissioner, that's info you should not be privy to.
I disagree with this. As league commissioner, especially in high stakes leagues, I didn't want to have an advantage - seeing the losing bids, getting an idea of what everyone else is thinking. If I know, everyone knows. Many sites provide that info.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

No, not a question of an advantage - for one reason . as commissioner, you have to know. if an illegal bid is the winning bid, you have to know who the player should have been awarded to. You lose that ability with CBS.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

da_big_kid_94 wrote: April 24th, 2018, 7:54 pm No, not a question of an advantage - for one reason . as commissioner, you have to know. if an illegal bid is the winning bid, you have to know who the player should have been awarded to. You lose that ability with CBS.
Right - and if I know, I want everyone to know. I can't have the advantage of knowing other's bids to help frame my own next time.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Then I would say it becomes a question of your honor as commissioner and that just because you know it doesn't mean you should use it. Give you another on that just happenedin out league. Lou Trevino was bid on and won ... but his status was in question during parts of last week and I can't tell if he was on an ML roster when the winning bid was placed.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

Running a league with a 4-digit entry fee, I want 100 percent transparency.

Trav The Ump

#9 Post by Trav The Ump »

Having used CBS for years and commishing, (now over at Fantrax), I would send my bids to a second owner as a double blind because the CBS system needed to go through me. Now we play for money but not four digits, but we're also all friends so I make sure my integrity remains above all and would try and get my bids in before anyone else so I wouldn't be caught in a situation wherein I could see others bids before mine.

But I'm with Todd, money or pride on the line 100% transparency is needed for the league and commish.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#10 Post by Todd Zola »

Kid - maybe I'm missing something, wouldn't be the first time, what's the reason all teams shouldn't be privy to everyone's bids?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#11 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

It's certain you'll know who won the bid, so that is public knowledge. But no owner should have the right to know what other owners were in on that player and especially how much they were willing to bid for them. They didn't get them, therefore the point should be moot and that info should be buried. Knowing all bids may be a tip off as to perceived needs of a particular owner without actually disclosing them in public.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Todd Zola »

I obviously feel it's OK for the losing bids and contingencies to be pubic knowledge. Tout Wars and LABR are different in that we're supposed to be providing information for the masses so it makes sense for bids to be available to everyone. In the reports I write, I often point out ways to use the info to facilitate trade talks with others, seeing where they were looking to fortify their team.

I don't think either way is right, or wrong, or even better or worse.

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#13 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

As you've said in the past ...we agree to disagree, old sport.

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

#14 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Thank you for the responses. I am going to try to convince my league to move next season.

I obviously am on the side that all bids (winners and losers) should be public league knowledge. This likely stems from years of reading Todd's FAAB write ups of LABR and Tout on Monday mornings. I do recognize where Kid is coming from.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy