FAAB TRADING

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
juggernaut17
Double-A

FAAB TRADING

#1 Post by juggernaut17 »

Do you know any leagues that include faab in trades? What would be the downside?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: FAAB TRADING

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Tout Wars allows the trading of FAAB. Other than the added work for the commissioner or SWAT to track traded FAAB, the only downside is it's already hard enough to gauge how much a FAAB dollar is worth -- and allowing trading is allowing trading of an asset admittedly difficult to value.

WARNING -- if you allow trading of FAAB, it's best not to have it kick in until AFTER that week's FAAB run. What you want to avoid is the league thinking they know how much they need to bid to get a player then have a last-second trade come in changing the team totals. Teams should know all week what they're dealing with. So make it available to start the ensuing week.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

Re: FAAB TRADING

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

I will just add that as a commissioner of three leagues, I don't allow it