First Pitch Arizona

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
Trav The Ump

First Pitch Arizona

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

Didn't know of a great place to put this so I slipped it down here in the Commish section. Headed to First Pitch Arizona with my old man. First time. Really looking forward to it.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: First Pitch Arizona

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sweet! - When are you guys arriving? There's usually a contingent that meets up at the park on Thursday if you're in early enough.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Excellent! Hope you and dad enjoy the trip, Trav!
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Trav The Ump

#4 Post by Trav The Ump »

We're coming in Wednesday night Todd as we'd like to hit the early Thursday games. Staying at the conference hotel as well. We'll be renting a car as we're both traveling salesmen. It'd be weird to not have a car, lol.

I'm pretty pumped, my Dad and I have ran teams together since I was 14. That was nineteen years ago. Now I always tell everyone I'm Cashman and he's Steinbrenner. He checks the scores now and again and about once a month I get an email that says "Why aren't we winning!?!" I do all the day to day moves and transactions and he's our league secretary. I think his favorite thing is drafting when a guy gets called I give him a number and he does the bidding for us.

(We also run a fantasy hockey team together, we are Canadian) We've always took any money from winning our leagues and put it into trips. We've done both WBC's, Indy 500, Football weekend in Florida and a few others. We won our ball league last year and needed something to do. I found First Pitch AZ. Really looking forward to the conference, I think he's WAY more excited about the AZ Fall League games.

Should be a blast!

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

Trav you and your dad will REALLY enjoy the weekend

If you have any questions please post them as many of us at MB have been at First Pitch AZ for many years.

See you in October

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

Trav The Ump wrote:Now I always tell everyone I'm Cashman and he's Steinbrenner.
Stop stealing my stuff!
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Trav The Ump

#7 Post by Trav The Ump »

I'm signed up for the rotisserie auction at FPAZ, I really thought hard about the Sim league but I've never played that format so figured just stick with what you know. Now I'm going to have to learn the NL in a month...great. LOL.