Mixed League No Trading Other than NFBC

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

Mixed League No Trading Other than NFBC

#1 Post by shif6 »

I have participated in NFBC mixed league satellites a couple of times (though I usually confine myself to AL or NL auction leagues). I like the competition in NFBC and the format. I do not like the payouts to only three places, and I do not particularly need a money league, though it is not a deal breaker. Are there alternatives to NFBC with no trading, snake drafts, and mixed leagues or is NFBC the only game in town?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Mixed League No Trading Other than NFBC

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Alternative to NFBC implies a money league.

Are you looking for a money league that pays more place or a free league playing NFBC with rules?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

shif6
Major League Veteran
Preferred Style: 5x5 keeper, auction

#3 Post by shif6 »

I would be interested in both.
Steve

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Free versions would have to be private leagues.

I have heard some rumblings about some companies challenging the NFBC but I don't know if any have actually launched a game.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Captain Hook

#5 Post by Captain Hook »

FFPC short for Fantasy Football Players Championship after many successful seasons has expanded this year to present - Fantasy Baseball Players Championship or FBPC

The main differences are 14 team leagues who draft 32 players; 24 active with 10 pitchers (6 must be "SP" with 2 RP and 2 FP (free or any pitcher)

But basics are the same - snake drafts; "standard" 5X5 categories; no trades
The main event is similar with league payouts and overall payouts
BUT they have satellite offerings one of which is very appealing to players just getting into this part of rotisserie baseball - $77 satellites (not sure how fast they are filling and running these but probably will get more action this month as spring training opens up).

Here is a link so you can get more information > http://www.playfbpc.com/register/

I will say that like the NFBC the gentlemen who run the contest are very good, solid game operators who run very good contests. The football guys went out and hired a Baseball Commissioner as they enter the arena this year.