Kepper League, off-season trading rules...

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
wilstony14

Kepper League, off-season trading rules...

#1 Post by wilstony14 »

So we have a 12 team, 5 keepers per team league. Each keeper can be kept up to 3x. Each year kept, they lose 2 rounds of value.

The league has recently pushed for offseason trading, and it seams without definite rules there is too many loopholes to allow offseason trading.

So the question I have is two parts:

1. Do you believe offseason trading should be allowed in a keeper (but not dynasty league)?

2. Do you have a tried and true set of rules that acocmodate offseason trading?

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: Kepper League, off-season trading rules...

#2 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

First, define "off season". We are a 4x4 keeper auction around since the mid '80's. Our off season is really defined as the time the last pitch is thrown in a regular season game until approximately the time all owners have said they are going to return for the next season. At that time, we will most likely allow trades - unless the guy in charge of roster management says he's not ready to do so. He trumps all aces. Once he okays it, we'll allow trading until keeper submission day.
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams

Captain Hook

Re: Kepper League, off-season trading rules...

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

You would really need to post rules about keepers; draft picks; minor leaguers etc to give you a cohesive answer

BUT Yes, you should put rules in place and allow trading from say December until March (or the freeze deadline which is the most popular cut off date)