Annoying ad pop-ups for paying customers?

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

Annoying ad pop-ups for paying customers?

#1 Post by infiniteloop »

This is the only service on the Internet that I can think of - any kind of website - that displays ads to users who are PAYING customers. Not only that, but the ads are of the lowest grade - the pop-overs that try to high-jack your computer and won't let you close the window. Ads for free content makes sense, but not for paid content.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Annoying ad pop-ups for paying customers?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

We have discussed this on other threads. We apologize, but there is nothing we can do except recommend using browsers and security programs that do a good job of blocking pop-ups. There are many suggestions in the other threads, the two most common are Firefox and Google Chrome, with many really liking Google Chrome. I use Firefox and other than winning an IPod every day, I am devoid of the other popups.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#3 Post by Trav The Ump »

I run firefox as well but used the add-on "ad-block plus". I've never seen a popup on the site and wasn't sure what you were referencing. :lol:

infiniteloop
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by infiniteloop »

Huh? That's your response? Use a different browser? Use pop-up blockers? I meant showing ads to PAYING CUSTOMERS? That has nothing to do w/ your browser. It's called - program your website, so it doesn't show ads to PAYING CUSTOMERS. If someone logs in and they aren't a customer, then don't show ads. If they're a "free-loader", then show ads - pretty basic stuff.

In terms of the pops, YOU have to show some integrity - go into your ad server provider and "turn off" the advertisers that pop bad ads - the onus is on you - they will take advantage of you, if you don't shut them down. Please message me directly - worked exclusively for Internet companies for the past 13 years - I just want to make this a good experience for everyone who likes your work, and enjoys being a customer.