Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 25th, 2017, 6:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Teams with interesting lineup choices - GB, IND, WAS
PostPosted: September 22nd, 2012, 7:01 pm 
Hall of Famer
With some injuries and some slow starts there are some teams that provide very interesting and perhaps deadly lineup choices for FF players.

Green Bay - today's news says Greg Jennings is better and is "likely" to play on MNF
Well if he doesn't he totally screws a FF owner who doesn't have another Packer (James Jones or Cobb or even Benson) or Seahawk (maybe Rice?) to sub in for him on Monday. IF you don't have that you pretty much have to place a large bet on whether he plays - Safety would say play someone else on Sunday IF you can

Indianapolis - Donnie Avery has become fantasy relevant again, but IF Austin Collie plays - and he is listed now as probable - do you really want to put Avery in your lineup over other decent options? I am going to sit him in the one league I got him this week

Washington - looks like Pierre Garcon is going to miss another game. I hate that because I would really like to play him - fortunately I have options and can sub him out Sunday morning if he isn't playing. It may be tougher for Fred Davis owners as you likely didn't get another Top 10 tight end so benching him likely means you have to go with a lesser option - I am benching him this week in favor of Owen Daniels

That Green Bay decision affects several teams where I have either James Jones or Randall Cobb who I normally would love to get into my lineup .... of course the fact they are playing IN Seattle is weighing against them too.

What are some of your tough lineup choices in Week 3?

Post subject: Re: Teams with interesting lineup choices - GB, IND, WAS
PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 6:34 am 
Major League Regular

Standard scoring leagues. Peyton or Luck @ QB? Don't like Peyton's matchup with the best defense in the NFL IMO and also don't like what I saw on Monday with the underthrown INT's. East-West CJ (I have to use that moniker to distinguish him from the better CJ, Spiller), Decker, Den. Moore or Rudolph @ Flex? Don. Brown, Ingram, O'tree or Amendola @ Flex? Brown has best matchup, but I'm starting to realize that he's just not very good and he leaves the field on third downs so I'm hesitant to start him.

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 10:34 am 
Hall of Famer
tybs wrote:
Standard scoring leagues. Peyton or Luck @ QB? Don't like Peyton's matchup with the best defense in the NFL IMO and also don't like what I saw on Monday with the underthrown INT's. East-West CJ (I have to use that moniker to distinguish him from the better CJ, Spiller), Decker, Den. Moore or Rudolph @ Flex? Don. Brown, Ingram, O'tree or Amendola @ Flex? Brown has best matchup, but I'm starting to realize that he's just not very good and he leaves the field on third downs so I'm hesitant to start him.

QB - Luck

Flex1 - Rudolph (not inspiriing choices)

Flex2 - Brown

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 11:51 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Well

I have Torrey Smith in a couple leagues and I have benched him in all of them in case he doesn't play.

In one I have opted for Ashlon Jefferey who at least draws a STL D that showed last week that they can be beat for the long ball which is Jefery's speciality.

In the other league I am throwing Stephen Hill in the lineup. Miami gives him an opportunity to get back in the end zone this week as does D Keller missing the game. If the Jets get in close, Hill is the best end-zone guy they have active this week.

Len Hankerson is a nice plug and play option this week for Smith owners as well. He may be available in your league, and with Garcon out he makes a great one week replacement if you can grab him.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 12:00 pm 
Hall of Famer
Good points Ryan - and my sympathies to Torrey Smith and his family and to your FF team (although you might get an unexpected plus from the switches as I think the Ravens try and run a lot and mix in the TE more than deep routes versus the Patriots)

PostPosted: September 23rd, 2012, 11:01 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Wow - what a night for Smith. I payed the price in one league for not starting him.

For him to come out and play with a heavy heart tonight was pretty impressive.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey