Mastersball Fantasy Forum

A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 25th, 2017, 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: FAAB discussions - how much for who and other strategies
PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 10:19 am 
Hall of Famer
Okay my article today for the weekly "You Look FAABulous" column deals with Andre Brown and the mind numbing bidding for what might be a one week play.

Today after Brown's 28 points in PPR leagues last night every thing looks rosy. And yes even if Bradshaw comes back next week against Philly, Brown will get some carries and be available to step in and you will have that insurance card going forward. So Enjoy those points .......... today

After the glow wears off, Brown is only worth those prices IF he is the starter for the Giants for several games.

Who else did you bid on this week - or if your bids like many leagues are due Friday or Saturday, what are your questions? Let's see if we can find the right amount to bid

Post subject: Re: FAAB discussions - how much for who and other strategies
PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 10:46 am 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
Hey Perry - I think this will be a nice follow-up to both your and my columns so I will throw up some of my own bids from last week:

I actually did secure Brown in one of my leagues this week, and thankfully it was the league I needed him most in. It was my FSWA industry league team, and I won Brown with a bid of $148 ($1000 budget). I surmised correctly here, that in a non-money league it might take less to win the day and this time I was correct.

I tried a similar bid in my NFFC OLC league by bidding $175, and wasn't even close as the Bradshaw owner paid $562 for Brown. My bid WAS the runner-up here it is worth noting. I did win Jackie Battle here for $15 bucks (dropped Pead) and was actually surprised to get him quite frankly.

I also made a play for the Cards D in a couple leagues for minimal bids ($3) as I have the Eagles D in a couple places and I am a little worried about them in the short-term with their problems on the O-line. The Cards also have those sweet matchups in Week 4 and 5.

I followed Greg Morgan's gut and took a $1 flier on Darius Reynaud in the NFFC as well (dropped Tawain Jones)

Outside of NFFC my main target (other than the cards D) was Lamar Miller. I let others chase the hotter names, and I was able to get Miller for $3 and $1 in separate leagues. I like what he showed on Sunday backing up Bush, and think he'll pay off down the road.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 12:15 pm 
Hall of Famer
Ryan I think that if Bradshaw comes back and relegates Andre Brown to a part time role that Battle could be a huge pickup this week IF Mathews were to miss more time.

Unfortunately for my gaggle of teams I only managed to get Brown on one team and Battle on two teams this week and was outbid on my attempts for Shaun Draughns to back up Charles and/or Hillis

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 2:04 pm 
Hall of Famer

I'm playing the musical TE game (was all-in on Olsen) and and somehow got Celek in 2 leagues and Bennett in one. I only need about 10 points from my TE so I was OK with Bennett last night.

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

PostPosted: September 21st, 2012, 4:46 pm 
Hall of Famer
Todd Zola wrote:
I'm playing the musical TE game (was all-in on Olsen) and and somehow got Celek in 2 leagues and Bennett in one. I only need about 10 points from my TE so I was OK with Bennett last night.

I was also very high on Olsen before the year started and only managed to get him on one team - and that was as TE2 behind Jimmy Graham ... still I thought he would be a good flex option if Carolina was going to target him more - that didn't work well when I tried it in Week 2 and I left him on the bench this week :(