WEEK TWO: Stevan Ridley or Ahmad Bradshaw?

We play fantasy football too!!!

Moderator: Mastersball Staff

Choose one

Stevan Ridley
75%
Ahmad Bradshaw
25%

Total votes: 4

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

WEEK TWO: Stevan Ridley or Ahmad Bradshaw?

#1 Post by Todd Zola » September 14th, 2012, 7:29 am

Who and why?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

tybs
Major League Regular

Re: WEEK TWO: Stevan Ridley or Ahmad Bradshaw?

#2 Post by tybs » September 14th, 2012, 9:58 am

Ridley by a nose. Zona has never been any good at traveling across the country for a 1:00 ET game and I can't imagine this week being any different. Should be lots of yards available after Pats get up big. TB had bad rush defense last season but it certainly seemed improved last week. Giants may say they want to run the ball, but they are a pass first team.

Captain Hook

#3 Post by Captain Hook » September 14th, 2012, 10:47 am

I will go with Bradshaw - Brady could revert to throwing all over the playground in which case Ridley would disappear again

deansdaddy
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style

#4 Post by deansdaddy » September 14th, 2012, 12:00 pm

I went with Ridley, but statistically I think it's really close.

The "tie-breaker" for me is the fact that Ridley will have a greater chance/opportunity to punch one into the endzone.

But it's an interesting comp. Because we don't really know how much of what we saw last week is real. Ridley wasn't really expected to get a feature back's workload as he did last week, so it will be interesting to see if Belicheck feeds him again. There will be days when we will see more Danny Woodhead, and Shane Veereen wasn't available - so we can't proclaim Ridley a "stud" after one week. BUT - he looked great and showed that he can handle the load. The downside for Ridley is that he could be on the sidelines in the 4th quarter if the Pats jump out to a big lead.

Bradshaw got the bulk of the carries last week, thanks primarily to rookie David Wilson fumbling on his second carry. Tom Coughlin yanked him from the game, and he wasn't seen again. It's how Coughlin does things, the tough-guy approach, but it's clear the team wants Wilson to be involved. But will it happen this week? Your guess is as good as mine, but I think it has to to a certain degree. Still Bradshaw will catch more passes than Ridley - so he can close the statistical gap with his receiving numbers.
Ryan Carey
Central Park Muggers

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola » September 16th, 2012, 11:06 am

Tough call for me but home town bias will put me to Ridley. I think he'll also get more involved in the passing game as the season progresses, beginning with this week.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord