A forum on fantasy baseball by the people who bring you Mastersball
Return to: Mastersball.
It is currently November 25th, 2017, 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Choose one
Stevan Ridley 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Ahmad Bradshaw 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: WEEK TWO: Stevan Ridley or Ahmad Bradshaw?
PostPosted: September 14th, 2012, 7:29 am 
Hall of Famer

Who and why?

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Post subject: Re: WEEK TWO: Stevan Ridley or Ahmad Bradshaw?
PostPosted: September 14th, 2012, 9:58 am 
Major League Regular

Ridley by a nose. Zona has never been any good at traveling across the country for a 1:00 ET game and I can't imagine this week being any different. Should be lots of yards available after Pats get up big. TB had bad rush defense last season but it certainly seemed improved last week. Giants may say they want to run the ball, but they are a pass first team.

PostPosted: September 14th, 2012, 10:47 am 
Hall of Famer
I will go with Bradshaw - Brady could revert to throwing all over the playground in which case Ridley would disappear again

PostPosted: September 14th, 2012, 12:00 pm 
Hall of Famer

Preferred Style: 5x5 NFBC style
I went with Ridley, but statistically I think it's really close.

The "tie-breaker" for me is the fact that Ridley will have a greater chance/opportunity to punch one into the endzone.

But it's an interesting comp. Because we don't really know how much of what we saw last week is real. Ridley wasn't really expected to get a feature back's workload as he did last week, so it will be interesting to see if Belicheck feeds him again. There will be days when we will see more Danny Woodhead, and Shane Veereen wasn't available - so we can't proclaim Ridley a "stud" after one week. BUT - he looked great and showed that he can handle the load. The downside for Ridley is that he could be on the sidelines in the 4th quarter if the Pats jump out to a big lead.

Bradshaw got the bulk of the carries last week, thanks primarily to rookie David Wilson fumbling on his second carry. Tom Coughlin yanked him from the game, and he wasn't seen again. It's how Coughlin does things, the tough-guy approach, but it's clear the team wants Wilson to be involved. But will it happen this week? Your guess is as good as mine, but I think it has to to a certain degree. Still Bradshaw will catch more passes than Ridley - so he can close the statistical gap with his receiving numbers.

twitter : @ryanpcarey https://twitter.com/#!/ryanpcarey

PostPosted: September 16th, 2012, 11:06 am 
Hall of Famer

Tough call for me but home town bias will put me to Ridley. I think he'll also get more involved in the passing game as the season progresses, beginning with this week.

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord